Show and Tell

I build video game props out of wood (MDF). Today I work primarily with my X-Carve CNC and a scroll saw. The Glowforge will open new doors.

22 Likes

Those figures are awesome! There are so many creative and talented people in the GF community. I am awed.

2 Likes

Very nice, detail is great!
Getting the dimentions and geometry right for the inserts looks difficult…

Really cool to see how many different ideas and ways people have to employ the forge in their workflow.
Such an empowering tool!
Thank you for sharing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Your skill with wood spans quite a scale.

That deck work is nothing short of wonderful!
The sweeping curves flow through the area, and remind me of a fantasy tree house!

Not just professionally accomplished, but artistic and earthy in design - like it grew there.
A standard rectangular frame wouldn’t have that impact. All the extra difficulty of producing the curves paid off in spades!

The playhouse is a child’s dream.
Great that someone had your back and took pictures, since you had blinders on running screws! Those pics document the journey of bringing your vision into being.
So cool, most impressive.

Thank you for the example of how well it could be done!

@skeplin - pro job on the props!
Attention to detail makes all the difference. You probably need to be careful walking around with those… :fearful:
Very nice work, thanks for sharing with us!

2 Likes

Whoa, those look real…

4 Likes

More incredible stuff? Wow!

3 Likes

I really want to sit on that circular deck and drink my coffee right about now! Does much sunlight manage to make its way down past all those trees?

5 Likes

That deck really makes me wish I lived in a geologically stable area.
Very nice work!

3 Likes

Here are a few things I’ve made (and used to sell). I’ve moved on to making signage only now, which keeps me busy enough that side projects like these don’t get as much time anymore.

iPad + Square POS for small business:

Plywood slingshot:

Tripod lamp:

Standing desk:

Organizer tray from walnut:

There are quite a few other things (mostly signs), just google image search “tinkering monkey”

31 Likes

Really fine work!
Your portfolio is very impressive. the 'forge is going to be a great tool for you.
Thanks for showing!

Unbelievable work. Wow.

4 Likes

These are gorgeous - especially the dragon!

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, just do it! Even if you only use other people’s designs on the GF i’m sure you’ll enjoy using it. I’m sure you’ll end up tweaking designs to your needs, then eventually design your own from scratch!

1 Like

Thank you!
I entertain myself making lots of noise/sparks/smoke/stink/sawdust in the shop!
It wouldn’t be home without a room dedicated to that.

2 Likes

Couple of more…

My favorite belt buckle.
Picked up a shell in the Caribbean somewhere, turns out it is a close relative of Tridacna, the giant clam.
Made a vulcanized mold for it that I used to reproduce a wax pattern. Bronze cast.

This one is freehand plasma cut 3/16th steel. It’s about a foot square.

C’mon guys, (lurkers?) feed us some more pictures.

16 Likes

I smoked some trout last week. Here is a gratin with spinach and smoked trout in it. Some Fresh bread I baked and it’s all Yummie hot cheesy goodness.

21 Likes

Oh man… I can almost smell it!

1 Like

Ooohhh, wait, we’re posting food, too? Well in that case, how about some Dry Italian Sausage?

21 Likes

If you made it, we welcome the submission!
You guys are making me hungry!!
Fine work.

2 Likes

Who likes smoked bacon?

21 Likes