Show and Tell

Beautiful! Just beautiful! Love your sweeping forms…they’re like birds in flight.

2 Likes

On the subject of no longer being made comics, am i the only one that remembers the wrong side of right?

I’m coming up blank, sorry!

assuming you don’t mean this one…

No but thanks for trying. He stopped around 2008. I have just one of his comics saved somewhere. The URL was something along the lines of www.gunsnreligon.com. it’s dead now.

So a friend of mine was doing a #branduary to build her portfolio. So I grabbed her to do something for my small wood working side gig. (If interested in her work, I recommend contacting her)

It’s my FB page logo now, with some of my smaller works.

27 Likes

Yes very impressive indeed :grin:

2 Likes

Wow. Amazing job!! The tents are super cool!

1 Like

Plenty of places that sell plugs for much less. I would check at a local nursery what they recommend. Also check with you local extension service etc.
Try a few different varieties, some will do much better in your area vs others.
Also, depending on what you want to do with the plants/cuttings will determine what variety you should plant…
I just got a catalog from richters, was surprised at the different lavender varieties they offer.

1 Like

Omigosh!..I am SO impressed with your work. I’m really happy that you shared it on here. Thank you!

2 Likes

You did an excellent job pulling this all together and your projects are pretty impressive, too.

2 Likes

That looks amazing!! #branduary, I love it haha

Ooooooh…I like that description! Thanks! :grin:

Thanks @Pprmntpaty, @smcgathyfay, @Xabbess, and @johnwills for all the kind words! Here’s to hoping the grad school admission boards think the same way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I might be interested in seeing what she can do. I also do woodworking as a hobby and while I have a “brand” in my head, it honestly is pretty lame. I could be quite interested to see what someone else might envision who has a bit more knowledge about simple but striking or memorable.

How do I contact her?

2 Likes

I just FB messaged her. Should get back to me soon. Her name is Ann McDougall. https://www.facebook.com/ann.mcdougall.37

She is really nice. Try FB, but I am trying to get her more professional means of contacting her.

2 Likes

To answer how to contact Ann:

https://www.behance.net/annmcdougall

info@annmcdougall.ca

1 Like

I have been working on lots of projects, but now that it is safe to post I thought I would show you my favorite. My wife’s birthday was last week and I made her this white gold ring and a box to put it in. Everything was turned on my lathe and I got to learn how to spin pewter to make the lid.

65 Likes

That’s amazing! Simply beautiful!!

6 Likes

Love the walnut and pewter contrast.

6 Likes

Wonderful work. Lucky woman.

5 Likes

Beautiful job! :smiley:

3 Likes

fantastic job, thanks for sharing.:slight_smile:

6 Likes