Show and Tell

Congratulations on being awesome. Very impressive. You’re going to do amazing things.

3 Likes

Very well @jkopel Sir your counter move was well…

It’s a mere flesh wound :hugs:

Hehe just being silly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wow those are just amazingly beautiful and shiny and wonderful.

I will keep practicing @jkopel Sir :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your vision, your creativity and your energy with us in this portfolio. I get this feeling of involvement in your photos, drawings, designs and constructions. Not sure how you do it, but your eyes and your hands somehow translate the subject very well.

And Josh: so many talents you have. Love the pewter and wood.

5 Likes

Thanks folks, I am quite pleased with how it turned out so I wanted to show it off. Generally I consider myself the lucky one, but this time maybe it was her turn. :wink:

@Pprmntpaty No comparison implied! To be honest it is kind of cheating to turn wood on a metal lathe since you have to hold the chisels by hand and all I have to do is turn the dials. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Oh how fortunate your wife is! That is stunning…and the presentation is just as amazing. What very good work you do!

3 Likes

Some stuff I’ve made, mostly cooking and digital design stuff. I’ve only really started “making” stuff around halloween. And for the record I can’t believe someone made a plane… wow.

Spaghetti squash with beef ragu and goat cheese

Bluefin with green onion teryaki and peanut soba noodle

Pork with lemon caper sauce and egg

Passionfruit creme brulee

A poster I made for a friends studio

A red ale and IPA

Random design

Styrofoam tombstones and entrance arch

More graphics

New computer build

52 Likes

That arch rocks! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The “random design” is very cool & mmmm… red ale! Nice work all of it though!

2 Likes

Quite a wide variety of interests >> and soon a Glowforge to create with.

2 Likes

Nice piece of metal work man! Rounding the edges of the shank like that make the ring so comfortable, like silk on the finger.
Custom box befits the quality and care of precious metal crafted for your precious partner. Together they are one of a kind. That’s special.
Did you cast that or construct it?
Never tried spinning, watching the action makes it look very fluid. Very nice work across four materials, combining to form a very special gift. :+1:

I know you were proud to present it to her, and to share it with us. Thanks for that!

6 Likes

Awesome work across the board! Especially in the kitchen! Yum!
Very clean build on the new box. Packed with RAM, water cooled and a scary priced video card. Looks like a strong gaming rig.
Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Skillz

2 Likes

Stunning pics and subjects. That egg is just perfect. The computer shot is amazing. It looks stunning.

3 Likes

WOW!! What a lucky lady :heart_eyes::heart::heart: That’s some beautiful work!!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the great comments. Sorry if it was kind of scattershot, I bounce around between various things as others lose my interest. I dabbled in 3d printing for a bit, but the final quality of the things just wasn’t worth the time it took, def cool though. One of the biggest factors of GF for me was the end result looked like finished products.

If anyone is interested in the computer stats:
i7 6700k overclocked to 4.3Ghz
64GB RAM
1080 GTX
Dual 960 EVO 1TB m.2 drives
8TB WD Black HDD

I use it for VR, though nothing really uses all the power.

7 Likes

Wow, that is so amazing! Really elegant and stunning, thanks for sharing. The contrast between the wood and the pewter is wonderful, and the ring holder makes it look like it’s floating in water!

@newbies_234 omg yum, your food photos just made me so hungry- especially the Bluefin and soba. All your graphics are really cool too, I love the colors and texture in the studio poster!

@christopher_cantrell No, you’re awesome!! Thanks!

@marmak3261 Wow, thank you so much! :blush: It’s really awesome that you should mention involvement, because during the second half of school I actually tried to place greater emphasis on having my renders feel more personal. No more super zoomed out aerial shots or empty buildings…I tried to keep everything at eye level and include as many people as possible.

12 Likes

Excellent presentation. Perfect choice of contrasting materials.

2 Likes

That is beautiful!
It’s a shame the video has been taken down.

It was a Youtube glitch! I can see it now :slight_smile:

I was forwarded a link to someone’s video, the subject of which is a car that was wrapped by some clients of mine. I made the cut vinyl decals for them. I love seeing my lil dude stuck to things!
Warning: the music has curse words.

12 Likes