Show me your HALLOWEEN stuff!

Band saw ?:thinking:

Very creepy!

Very interesting and so much to learn

Here’s Frank!

21 Likes

Frank is awesome! I love the simplicity and contrast.

1 Like

Ok, how are you getting your slate to come out so amazing. My slate is coming out, bleh. What are your settings, if you don’t mind telling me. Beautiful work, by the way.

will be interesting to see if there is much variance in slate. I suspect a lot of the success here is with the preprocessing on the image. Here seems to be a settings thread about slate, Settings for Engraving on Slate

I think in there or on another thread they talk about oiling the slate to get more contrast. I think if it’s not in there a search for oil/slate should help.

1 Like

Those came out great! I love the skulls in all the sizes.

@ dolcediva

settings are pretty easy… see the settings for slate post in non PG materials post
(and i dont even use mineral oil)
you just need really good (dark) slate

• i get mine from amazon.com - " Juvale Mini Slate Cheese Boards"

the BIG issue is getting the grayscale image correct…
too much contrast (pure black/white) doesnt work…
too little contrast (“muddy grays”) doesnt work…

you really need to make a great image (messing with “levels” in photoshop) to get them to come out like that. (and there’s no real “settings” for that? - you just “eyeball it”)

hope that helps

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your settings, @chris.mouser – it’s always helpful, but forum rules require that non-PG settings be restricted only to the Beyond the Manual section, in order to keep the Friendly Neighborhood Lawyers from saying we can’t talk about them at all. :wink: Best option is to post them there, and then you can link to them in your response here.

Or just direct message anyone who asks :slight_smile:

It’s a bit late now, but here’s my contribution!

I made these gravestone place-settings for our halloween dinner party.

Then spray painted them with stone texture paint:

There were 20 of them, everyone got a unique headstone!

I also cut out about a hundred rats, bats, spiders and ghosts from black poster board to adorn the walls.

14 Likes

thanks.
deleted.

1 Like

sorry… had no idea. that’s probably why i dont post.

It’s actually really helpful for folks if you post them – they just have to be in the right place, is all. :slight_smile:

Here are my family’s Halloween costumes. Almost all of the leather work is done on the glowforge

e.

17 Likes

great plague doctor mask! Is that your design or purchased? Either way it is very well executed! It’s a slightly different design than the ones I saw for sale when I looked quickly the other day.

Do you remember what settings you used for the curved glass? My brothers anniversary is coming up and I wanted to try glass but I can’t seem to find any recommended settings for glass.

Searching for “glass settings” found an answer pretty quickly:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?context=topic&context_id=30397&q=Glass%20settings&skip_context=true

From that search:

And

3 Likes

How did you make these? They’re gorgeous! Did you need another machine or is it hand painted?