Showing my dog some love

At this point, everyone in the family has benefited from the Glowforge in one way or another. Today, it was our dog’s turn.

51 Likes

Looks great!! Is that his name (or instructions) on engraved o n the side? :smiley::dog2:

6 Likes

Practical and beautiful—it doesn’t get any better than that!

2 Likes

Sweeeeet! Lucky pup! :grinning:

1 Like

Very nice!

Uh, this is lovely and very useful, but is Chewie a ghost dog or something?

I think we are going to need some photographic evidence that there even is a Chewie. Chewie enjoying his glowforge benefits is optional. Sometimes Chewies aren’t inclined to cooperate with photoshoots.

3 Likes

I would like to make one for my dog Lexi but she is a Yellow Lab & when she drinks water, most of the water is all over the floor so I don’t think this will last too long as the wood would absorb too much floor water.

That’s why there is acrylic.

3 Likes

Your so right but I like the look of wood. Maybe one day I will try the Acrylic.

1 Like

I’d say cover the acrylic in veneer and then apply a few dozen coats of any polyurethane they sell for marine use, but having been around a lot of labs I know the ocean feels great shame at its inability to make things wet like they can.

2 Likes

I wonder if you could make it out of clear acrylic with wood underneath for the best of both worlds. You’d probably have to steal it with silicone caulk or something to make sure it was really waterproof…

there is wood-grain/burl colored acrylic sheets available…

3 Likes

Not the best quality photos. We took them last night while he was trying to eat but the lighting was horrible.

9 Likes

Chewie is one lucky pup!

1 Like