Sign for tomorrow: Do Your Business Here

Tomorrow a landscaping company will deliver, via dumptruck, 2 cu yds of gravel into a corner at my house. I won’t be there, but it won’t be a problem since I told the company I would have a sign where I wanted the delivery. (I’ll move all the driftwood & blocks out of there…)

I made the design in the GFUI, and duplicated it so I could move things around for the cutting operations (text from the painted cardboard). I took the whiteboard and lightly scored outlines for placement. Then I painted & cut the letters & cat & deposit. I used hot glue to fix to the whiteboard. (it’s actually foam core board)

OK, I guess I shouldn’t have used a chewy.com box, but I put all their cardboard to reuse activities.

I stopped by the landscaping company on a whim (wasn’t planning to buy yet, just wanted the price). Price was right, so I placed my order. The cashier & I were discussing how to identify the location. We are both cat people, so she said, “just have a sign showing us where to poop.”

Et voila, a sign.

27 Likes

Are you sure the delivery people and sales person are the same? The delivery person may take the sign literally.

8 Likes

The delivery guy was hanging around, trying not to laugh.

7 Likes

That is absolutely brilliant! And you’re totally safe from actual poop incursions…when have you ever known a cat to do as it was told? :rofl:

12 Likes

Hahaha—hilarious!

2 Likes

I love it:-)

1 Like

They hit the mark.

7 Likes

I like that they put your sign on the top of the pile. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I thought that was very polite of them. What do you want to bet the driver snapped a selfie with that delivery?

I did call the company this afternoon to thank them for the excellent service. The driver put the load exactly where I wanted it.

5 Likes

So is that where your dogs will drop THEIR loads?

1 Like

This is Castillo del Gatto. No dogs.

2 Likes

:+1::scream_cat:

1 Like