Signs, everywhere signs

I have been making a number of signs, some simple, some a bit more elaborate. Thought I would share them.

45 Likes

OK, that’s it. I’m not posting anything anymore; I know when I’m out gunned. :grin:

6 Likes

Very nice! And now I have that song stuck in my head :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh lovely! I especially like the “floating” Maine and the Smith badge :slight_smile:
Glad to find someone else who clearly likes the look of scored fonts!

5 Likes

I didn’t think you were THAT old! :wink:

2 Likes

Ha! I’m not, I know the version by Tesla (came out when I was in college), not whoever did it in the first place :smiley:

(Which still doesn’t mean I’m NOT old, that was still 30 years ago lol)

PS - makes me want to go dig out the old Tesla Five Man Acoustical Jam album, yes I said album. Except, mine was on cassette tape yikes

3 Likes

Heh. They still had 8-tracks when I was in college.

5 Likes

I still have my 8-tracks. and they still play on my Realistic Concertmate-8.

the garage sound system is not all that beastly.

5 Likes

i installed an 8 track in my first car in HS (1970 cadillac el dorado).

7 Likes

Nice signs! Clever use of wood adn acrylic!

3 Likes

Wow! Somebody’s been very busy! Great work.

2 Likes

nice signs! I especially like how you incorporated the acrylic and lights.

2 Likes

The Maine one is my favorite.

3 Likes

So many Medieval looking signs. Are they for SCA? The Maine one is fantastic, technically the best , the Flaming Horse has some reservations but most impressive of that sort.

Such as there were, most of my college stuff was reel to reel. I was quite put out with the move to cartridges.

4 Likes

Thanks. The Maine sign is one of my favorites as well, that and the shadow box sign I made for Main Street Music Studios. I made the sign for them as a gift, and to test out the methods it would take to do such a thing. The light bases are cut out and stacked. I am working on perfecting a 3D printed version, and I almost have that tuned in. My next edge lit sign will use a 3d printed base.

As far as the little signs, other than the one for my nephew who is fighting cancer, they are put up in my etsy shop, that revolves around game room or game related stuff, I just opened the store, it isn’t fleshed out or advertised yet, I would call it an experiment, pretty much like the rest of this stuff. I am working through the processes. For the type of games, think Dungeons and Dragons, in person tabletop stuff. Not limited to that of course, but that is the idea. Man cave/Gaming room decorations and game aids is the theme of the current shop, though I am going to open another venue for the less game focused decorations when I get the technology down. I haven’t had the glowforge very long.

I had a reel to reel player once, ran it through a tube amplifier I built from parts my father gave me in a box. 8 Tracks were already a thing at that point in the 70s, but I was still in grade school. By the 80’s I had stopped building radios and audio and started building computers.

3 Likes

Nice! I also really like the state of Maine sign.

In the 70s I was doing 3D printing but since computers at that time were the size of buildings able to do less than your cell phone, I had to do all my 3d Printing by hand.

2 Likes

When I was a kid we walked to school. Uphill. In the snow… Both ways. :wink:

5 Likes

Luxury! We didn’t have snow; we had molten lava. And that was on a good day.

4 Likes

It would be very interesting to have a 3D printer that could work as I did with 6 axis on the bed part and 4 axis on the arm part and a fan that could allow it to draw straight out into the air using the surface tension of the material to hold it in place while it moved at the perfect speed to not lose that surface tension.

It would be a real bear to program it though.