Silhouette Cameo, Curio, Portrait or Mint and Glowforge Love

Do it… The skills are transferable plus you get a vinyl cutter. Have had mine for a year and never regretted it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just made these with my vinyl cutter…its fun!!
Laser engraved names on the bottom too.

11 Likes

Do you print the vinyl or use colored vinyl? I just have black and white for mine. I’ve not graduated from pre-school to kindergarten where you learn the colors.

3 Likes

Lots of colors and clear application tape to line up the layers.
Here are some more…

13 Likes

Alright. Done. Thanks for the push from you both.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be ordering some different color vinyl! Really nice!

2 Likes

I’m very fortunate to have GSG just down the street from my office so I save on shipping…:grin:

2 Likes

Here’s another use that should make you not regret a Cameo. I’ve had one for years and make a lot of package tags. It’s gotten so that I don’t even have to put a “From” on the specially tagged packages. The kids look at it and say “Oh, that’s from Uncle Bill!” This year I used the Print and Cut feature to print stickers and put their picture in a wreath. The littler one will be able to find his gifts on his own.

16 Likes

Hey I do the same! But I only started doing that a few months ago… so I’m gonna ask you something that hopefully you’d be able to answer :slight_smile: if you don’t mind of course :wink:
When sending a file to silhouette connect can you change things from the design or duplicate layers? If so can you tell me how?! It’s not much of a problem but I find that closing connect and changing things in illustrator and then re-opening connect is a bit of a bore hehe… do you have to do the same?

1 Like

Haven’t cut paper with mine yet…but I love those!!

3 Likes

Thanks. I used a new laser printer to print them, so the print settings weren’t dialed in. They came out a little dark. But they will be stacked among piles of presents and then ripped open in seconds, so I didn’t re-do them. :grin:

2 Likes

I have a Bosskut Gazelle and love it. Primarily use it to cut vinyl decals but sometimes for paper and making etching stencils. I use Make the Cut cutting software instead the original it came with. I would have upgraded to a KNK of the Glowforge didn’t come along.

1 Like

For any Cameo / Curio owners. You should try out the Pixscan function. Pretty darn cool.

1 Like

I like the Jayne hat. :grinning:

3 Likes

What kinds of things do you use Pixscan for?

More Silhouette Accessories on sale at Woot. (Just in case you’re interested.)

3 Likes

But today it’s a woot-off, with BOC’s every third item or so.

1 Like
5 Likes

You make the coolest stuff. I was thinking about getting a silhouette, but found that my next door neighbor has one yesterday. I was wanting to be able to make stencils so I could sand blast some wine glasses. Could you point me in the right direction on what kind of stencil material I should get to make a stencil for a couple of wine glasses? I hope I am not out of line for asking. :confused:

Not sure what would cut on the silhouette…the stuff I use for stencils is 10mil thick and definitly wouldn’t work…I did ask my vinyl guy and they have stuff for sandblasting but its really expensive.

2 Likes