Silicon brushes

I got these a while ago at woodcraft. Used them today to glue up the post box project. They are flexible and are great at controlling the placement of glue I like the skew brush for cleaning glue out of corners. Just an FYI

27 Likes

Nice info, thanks!

4 Likes

Woodcraft is a dangerous store. I still remember going in for a router bit once and walking out with a lathe.

14 Likes

I bought a set of these a few months ago. I’ve finally got my “getting glue out of a bottle without making a mess” technique down, but like you I use this to scrape off excess glue.

The bottle trick by the way is buy an empty glue bottle on amazon with a fine nozzle you can cut to a narrow size. Wood glue nozzles on the shop bought glues tend to be a bit large I find.

4 Likes

These Gluebot bottles in the mini sizes are fantastic (available at Rockler, Woodcraft, Amazon, etc)

7 Likes

I’ve wanted those brushed since the first time I played with ceramics! I had no idea they would also sell them at a wood store :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I think these would work pretty good too. I like that i can squeeze out the air to maximize shelf life.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R7W4G3R/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?pd_rd_i=B07R7W4G3R&pd_rd_w=XRRHu&pf_rd_p=54ed5474-54a8-4c7f-a88a-45f748d18166&pd_rd_wg=lH13H&pf_rd_r=CRWHZEVQXH8C406WTPPT&pd_rd_r=1c1e5cbb-b6b6-4a76-be8a-9b1fffec8b1c&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRURQWEU2OFNZVlFNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTAzMTcyMjZaOEZTVktHTTRKWiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDc0Mjc0MU1BMkxaUzc1RkI0SCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.