Silicon Caulk Guides

The updated, better if your house isn’t perfectly square, guides are now in the catalog!

Here’s a practical cut for anyone doing caulking with silicon (@geek2nurse?). Unlike tile caulk it’s not supposed to be shoved into the joint - it’s supposed to sit with a straight edge, like a triangle attaching on the two sides of the front -and not filled in behind. To that end there are, not inexpensive, objects one can buy to give you that straight front edge…but I have a laser and scrap acrylic :slight_smile:

Silicon Edging Tool_V2
Engraved numbers are in millimeters - but even when the job is well done you may find yourself switching between edges.

Sadly for me the folks who installed my surround did a terrible job and the overhang made it almost impossible for me to use these - but in a few places they were brilliant.

Hopefully they can help someone else out!

41 Likes

Love these practical shares! Thank you so much!

11 Likes

Very nice

10 Likes

Sweet!!! Thank you!!!

7 Likes

Very clever! I will remember this in case we ever overcome our inertia and do some repair work around the house. Thank you!

8 Likes

Every time I start a caulking project it turns into toddler art.

9 Likes

Oh, perfect, I’m going to need these!!!

7 Likes

I thought you would, with that amazing G2N’s Super Awesome House.

6 Likes

This is great, thank you!

6 Likes

Looks like a very helpful tool! I try to avoid doing the caulking as I make a mess. . .

4 Likes

Sweet, Thanks for the design. Will come in handy soon. Added a mm sizing designator on the middle of the body just so I don’t forget. :+1:

2 Likes

Howdy, do yourself a favour and get one of these. it uses mechanical advantage and is really easy on your hands.

4 Likes