Silicone Settings from Glowforge Pro to Aura

Hey all, my larger glowforge broke (bought second hand) and I decided to buy the Aura. After setting everything up I went to make my first silicone watch band and realized the settings changed.
I am no longer able to choose the regular settings I am used to! I have tested many different setting configs and I was just wondering if anyone found a good mix that worked well for them?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. The settings really didn’t change…your laser changed! The Aura is a diode laser whereas the performance series (pro, basic, and plus) are CO2 lasers…and the settings will be completely different.

Since the Aura is new to most all of us, experiences with different settings and materials is going to be fairly limited for a while. Someone may be able to help you out, but if not…what you’ve been doing so far will be the best…testing, testing, testing.

15 Likes

The first question to ask is “is it even possible”? The Aura can’t cut certain light colors of acrylic, I would bet it will have similar issues with silicone. What color is the silicone?

10 Likes

Looks like a white watchband just showing a bit on the bed. If that’s the case…it won’t do a thing.

6 Likes

Are you guessing like me, or did you test it?

5 Likes

I’m guessing. Mostly because I’ve tried stuff that’s white…and it does nothing.

9 Likes

That sounds suspiciously like testing to me. :sunglasses:

Yes, evansd2, I know you meant testing on white silicon… :innocent:

4 Likes