Simple Basket

It was all done by eye yes. It’s fairly easy with how the curves hit each other. Otherwise, I would be all over the place.

1 Like

Yeah using registration pins on this would be a bear. You could make a registration frame for it if you were making lots of them, but if you’re only doing a couple, you certainly seem to have nailed it without any help. Nice.

4 Likes

Thanks. There’s certainly a lot to learn. I’m a master CAD user so making files comes super natural to me. Tips like that are helpful for sure.

If anybody is struggling to make files, but have the ideas I’d be happy to play with the idea and make the svg.

6 Likes

Very nice dimensions that get the layers blending well.

For those who are new and might want more info on how to design these or in some cases not:

Lots of links to search through on scroll saw bowls.

2 Likes

I never even thought to look. It’s been an idea noodling around in my head for years and it just flashed in my mind that I could do it now with the Glowforge. Took me a little over an hour from design start to finished product. I was a carpenter for 2 years, woodworker for 6, and using CAD for 15.

3 Likes

I worked with a few of the woodworkers on the forum back in the early days figuring out how to design these. Lots of ways. But you have it down.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to watching some of your videos. Seeing the creative (and technical) process is a great help.

2 Likes

Awesome. The more the merrier because we can all build and grow off each others strengths and creativity.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your file. Yours turned out nice.

2 Likes

Incredible!

1 Like

I had fun making these for a friend for Christmas. Thanks so much for the pattern and the creativity.

20 Likes

Those look amazing.

1 Like

thanks for this design! Ive been wanting to try one of these. Did one a little smaller using some cherry wood.

12 Likes

Looks great!!

2 Likes

I am pretty new to laser cutting and engraving and jumped in pretty hard with a glowforge pro and a red and black 80w. Been having fun on both, have not created my own stuff yet having to much fun with what i find, i am building a scale carnival ride right now, i got svg from a website, but now want to make more rides and there is no good carnival ride svg online so i have to make my own, i have lightburn software and soon corel draw is that good enough to start making models and is there an easy way to take a picture of something and transform the front facing part of the picture into a flat file somehow? or i need measurments of new ride i want to make and scale it, i have to add thousands of tabs to hold it all together, Basicly what i am asking is what is best software to do this. I am making a 56" ZIPPER Carnival ride that actually runs with lights and motors and all.

IMG_6967 My current carnival ride

7 Likes

8 Likes

Do you use Proofgrade materials for these? If so, do you sand off the finish before you glue the pieces together? Or maybe you use unfinished wood and finish after you glue it?

Wow very nice!!

How you doing this