Simple candle holder

Haven’t made anything for awhile and wanted to post today’s creation. Just a simple candle holder, top and bottom are made from 0.200" plywood with channels engraved top and bottom to receive the dowels and the edges of the acrylic panels. The panels are light screens for 2’x4’ florescent ceiling lights they are pretty cheap and easily available where i live. the dowels run through the feet and bottom of the holder so assembly is very easy

But i realize now i have no candles so off to the store lol.:joy:

40 Likes

Is it all glued together, or does it slot in and stay stable?
I love the simplicity, and the wavy panels look fab with light coming through them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i just did a drop of super glue on the ends of the dowels after assembly and the panels just sit in their slots. you can pop them in and out if wish. Didn’t feel a need to glue them.

12 Likes

Very nice.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: thx super simple but i think it turned out nice, and cheap to make as well

2 Likes

Very nice - I like the textured acrylic!

4 Likes

That is certainly one of the prettier light panels, looks really nice!

2 Likes

Did you cut the light panels on the glowforge as well?

2 Likes

You are using regular candles or the LED ones?

1 Like

yup, they are sold as a 2’X4’ sheet designed for those recessed fluorescent light fixtures normally used in offices and drop ceilings. They are acrylic and cut very nice and from the feel of the apposing side of the panel they appear to be cast so should engrave nicely as well.

2 Likes

haven’t decided but most likely led ones so i don’t run into any heat issues even tho i think they would be fine. This project was just a test for the most part to see how the textured panels cut before i used them to make a box.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

Brilliant idea to use that textured panel! It looks amazing in your candle holder, and I like the dowel feature too.

2 Likes

That is really great! I love the textured panels. I really need to stop looking a things…it costs me money every time I do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@cynd11 Thanks :slight_smile: i really like how simple it is to assemble

@designvh619 Thanks, i need to stop looking at stuff as well lol. I’m running out of room quickly to store materials. These panels are nice they are mass produced so you can get a 2’x4’ sheet for around 15$

1 Like

did u cut everything on your Glow forge

1 Like

I cut everything except the dowels on the :glowforge:

Slacker…

3 Likes

:joy: