Simple circular earrings

Here is some simple circular earrings I made for some Christmas gifts this year

. They were a big hit at all of the family get togethers.

51 Likes

These are lovely! I am a newbe with jewelry findings. How does that fat ring respond to being pulled apart enough to add all the rings? And if you don’t mind sharing where did you get the fat ring?

2 Likes

The fat ring there is just a jump ring, I can’t remember the size right off hand. It went back together very easily. I get them from Hobby Lobby or from Amazon.

2 Likes

You may know this already, but just in case. I didn’t when I first started. If you think of it not as pulling apart but twisting the ends side to side, you are not deforming the circumference of the ring but on just a minor deviation on the plane of the ring. @cynd11’s husband gave me a tutorial on that. This video is not him.:wink:

17 Likes

That is helpful thank you.

2 Likes

Those are cool. I keep wanting to do earrings… so tedious in assembly though. (Need to get over myself on that.) This would be a cool necklace design as well. (Gift set!) :smiley:

I just learned about that ‘twist’ tip myself a few weeks ago. Good tip.

3 Likes

Nice video! I just made about 20 pairs of dangler earrings last week and just used the pliers to close the ring. I was wondering what that tool was for :). My method worked pretty well, but it’s nice knowing the correct way.

Those earrings are really nice! Thanks for sharing them

1 Like

The necklace design is a great idea! Will definitely make it in the future!

1 Like

Very pretty! :grinning:

1 Like

These are really nice. Very stylish!

THANK YOU for this inspiration that has been in my head for a long time now. I FINALLY posted up the first draft results in my creations thread… (Crafty Cretin - Things I made)

2 Likes

Too cute:-)

Thank you for the video! I ordered 2 of those rings for curbside pickup!! I have cut earrings for my mom to give her card playing friends…and this ring will be awesome to help her with putting the jewelry findings on them. I am keeping the other one…interesting thing…either a different brand or this woman has fingers 1/2 the size of mine (and I usually wear a size small gloves)! I can only put that ring on my pinky finger!! Again…thank you … will make it so much easier to put together earrings!

2 Likes