Simple engraved pen boxes

While I didn’t make the pen boxes, I did make the pens and engraved the boxes :slight_smile: Simple little engrave which was exactly what the customer wanted. They must have liked them, they asked me to turn two more pens and engrave two more boxes :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Wow! The pens are stunning!
(Did you make any more of those? I need a Xmas gift for hubs.)

7 Likes

I’ll message you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The boxes are GREAT—- Who made the boxes?

3 Likes

The pens really do need beautiful, personalized boxes. Nice work.

4 Likes

I actually ordered them from a company called Craft Supplies USA / woodturner’s catalog. They are nice, but, a little larger than I needed for that style pen

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to make my own box, and see if the cost / time is worth it VS just ordering these

1 Like

LOL, I just got my lathe unburied from the move.

making pens is a lot of fun. I haven’t turned one in over two years. Looking forward to turning my vast array of blanks into pens. hadn’t thought about engraving the boxes though.

4 Likes

Pen making is a very addicting hobby lol

1 Like

I did one by cutting circles on the :glowforge: and then gluing them together and polishing. SO MUCH FUN! I should do more of those for x-mas this year…hmmmmmmm

2 Likes

wow that would be a lot of work.

I think I’ll stick with the lathe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lathe definitely faster - but messier and I don’t have the space :stuck_out_tongue:

completely true!!!

but making chips fly is really fun.

if you ever get a lathe and mosey down to Dundedin Florida you can take one of my dad’s classes.

he makes amazing stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve actually thought about using the GF to cut out segments of different materials to make my blanks with

1 Like

Love the pens! Those are very nice boxes. Nice to personalize.

1 Like

If it helps, have at :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d just add a couple of end bumpers made from GF cut craft foam (6 or 8mm black). Maybe line the trough with self-stick felt (also cut on the GF). The pens would fit snugly and be cradled in the boxes.

1 Like

The engraving sure adds an elegant touch!

1 Like

Nice work! I need to get a lathe for pen making!

This is a screenshot of an app I use. It is the easiest way I have personally found to make boxes. This app is so easy my precious Jimmy Wayne Westie could design one.

3 Likes