Simple foam board glue scrapers

Do you cut and hot glue a lot of foam board? Do you have a lot of scraps that are too big to toss but too small for what you are doing?

Well, here you go. probably the simplest designs since the circle but very useful for scraping hot glue.
Included is one for sealing the ends of a single piece, one for sealing a stack of two, one for smoothing and removing the excess from inside 90d joints, and finally one for 90d outside.
Make up your own and add them here. Scale the last two as you like, the first two need to remain as is or scaled to your foam board.

foamboard corner scraper foamboard outside 90d scrapper foamboard  single layer glue scraper foamboard  dobel layer glue scraper

15 Likes

Brilliant idea…disposables! (I should do a bunch of those for the CA as well - I’m running low on nail polish remover.) :grinning:

3 Likes

Practical cuts - from scraps. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yup, CA, yellow glue, whatever. Hot glue is just my go to for foam board.

You don’t need to limit yourself to cutting these out of foam board either. Once you’ve made all the hold down pins you will ever need start making these out of proofgrade scraps.

4 Likes

Thanks! But I must be dense, I think I need to see them in action.

1 Like

I know you to be anything but dense. Some things just don’t click until you see them in use. I’ll see what I can do. Probably as a minute marker in someone else’s video but I’ll get you a demo one way or another.

2 Likes

Watch this starting at m39 and again at m42. Hopefully that will prime your intuition pump. If not, I may have to make my own. That would be good fun! :crazy_face:

All these are are better than random scrap and not burning you like using your fingertips. :fire:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

A really great idea! Thank you, Mark!!

1 Like