Simple Gift Tags from Scrap Wood

Well, I’m a terrible procrastinator so I waited until the last minute to create some gift tags from scrap.

I made a quick video on how I made them will illustrator if you are curious and also a procrastinator like me.

You can download the SVG that I created too from the video description.

17 Likes

But but but, I thought you bought the gift tags… I don’t wanna goto the store again…
Hey what about…?

LOVE THIS
:heart:

5 Likes

I got another video coming in a week or so where my daughter says she needs popsicle sticks for a project for her next virtual class that starts in 30 mins. So I quickly design the sticks and cut them on the Glowforge.

True Story. Happened last week. I was already in the car ready to head to Dollar Tree to buy some when I realized I could use the GF. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I made gift tags for my daughter’s friend’s gifts, this way they’re a keepsake (hopefully).

2 Likes

This is along the line of when you got a hammer everything looks like a nail.
You can buy a 200 lot of Popsicle sticks for 5 bucks There are even colored options.
Be faster taking a panel of wood and scoring it to look like sticks.

No matter. Great holiday tags. There is a reason we all hoard scraps.

4 Likes

However, there are several benefits to making your own:

• save all that diving time and avoid dealing with foul tempered holiday shoppers
  • who needs 200 Popsicle sticks when you only require a few?
  • daughter can say, “my dad made these for me!”
7 Likes

For me it was mainly the time constraint since my daughter sprung it on me about 30 minutes before her class. Driving would have taken longer in this case.

1 Like

I think this was better even with or without time. You were once again your daughter’s HERO I think this is the best story.