Simple heart shaped box

HeartBox

Simple and quick. Works in 1/8 birch. I glued the ends that go into the dent in the heart (i.e at the end s of the flexy parts) together first at a 90 degree angle, this seemed to make wrapping it around the top and bottom easier. this design creates an extra heart that can be added to the top for a more decorative look.

67 Likes

Just in time for Valentine’s Day. Very cute!

2 Likes

Thank you for a very timely design.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Thank you for this timely file.

1 Like

Hi there im a newbie…how do i download this

1 Like

Right click on the drawing in the first post and choose Save Image, or Save As.

2 Likes

Adorable - and so very timely! May have to print one and put some chocolates in it or something…

If anyone needs to make one with different material and needs a head start go here.

https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/HeartBox?language=en

6 Likes

that is where I started on this one as well. Made the tabs bigger and farther apart vs default.
Tweaked it to fit on one sheet. Then added the detail that holds the inside corner together.

That living hinge is a pain in the %^%#! But it is a nice box!

yep, this one ran into a section of extra tough plywood that did not cut all the way. you can see in in the photos where the hinge is distorted.

1 Like

Great Share! Love this!

Cool design. Thanks for sharing. Just a question, is that living hinge bowl in the back one of the designs on here? I think I’ve downloaded it but haven’t tried it yet. Do you have to put it together piece by piece?

i do not believe that i have shared that design. It is one sheet, that makes 3 pieces, the 2 - part stand and the center basket. Sometimes, I add words to the spiral. Other times, no. This is one of my favorite designs and some of my early work that made me think I might be able to make some $$ at this. I sold a few to a famous museum. Later, observed them in their gift shop. they have yet to re-order.

walnut bowl alice

9 Likes

I love this box thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you very much. Love hearts!

Thanks for the share - the box turned out so well!

1 Like

I love this bowl!! Do you share your file? (Free or purchase?)

i have not shared it. i am thinking about putting it on etsy. please stay tuned.