Simple keychain

Made this quick keychain for an awesome new local wing spot. The wood is cherry with 1 coat of stain.

27 Likes

Very nice! I was born and raised in Salem and just moved to Mt. Angel. My Glowforge was just brought to our new place this afternoon…so, I’m looking forward to starting to design and ‘make’ again.

13 Likes

Wow, that’s really handsome! It’s readable and bash-resistant. That’s my kind of practical art.

9 Likes

That’s awesome! Happy making :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Very nice Josie!
Careful, I found myself doing a double-sided token engraved with a business logo that was well received and ended up doing over 10,000 of them. The money was nice, but man, it turned into a job instead of a joy. If it’s lucrative for you, milk it till you’re full. It’s been a while. Good to see you around, and thanks for sharing.

12 Likes

Looks great.

7 Likes

Thank you!

Hey there!
Thank you! Fortunately this was a very very small run of 20 because its a brand new business. I think if they ordered 10,000 I would die :smile: So far the biggest job I’ve done was pendants for a festival and that was around 1500 but I could fit like 100 per sheet. LOTS of peeling though.

Also yeah! I’m very seldom on the community side. Most of what I make are edited etsy svg’s so it feels weird to post them because they aren’t something I’ve designed myself.

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Yes, the weeding is terribly tedious. I had to find a quicker way. By pulling the mask off before engraving and a quick wipe with household ammonia took the smoke stain right off. I saved myself at least a week.
My orders were 3,000 at a time for 4 orders across 2 years so not that bad.

Another weeding tip for tiny pieces like in text is to take a piece of the mask, and with a fingertip press down and drag the sticky side across the text. That will roll off the tiny pieces in a snap!

6 Likes

Nice! I like the fonts and the flourishes used.

2 Likes