Simple Leather Airtag Keyring

With no previous experience, I wanted to try making something small in leather with the sample that came with my :glowforge:, so I decided on keyrings for Apple´s Airtags.

I deliberately avoided using this forum, google or youtube to seek out a design, and instead simply went about taking measurements and designing something simple in Illustrator that could be made with the parts at hand. I embossed my intials on the reverse side.

This design fits 4 keyrings to the sample.

After it was cut, I dyed it with sepia alcohol ink and sewed it together. I activated and inserted the Airtag, and to finish, I assembled with a keyring and an M5 X 6 chicago screw. I am quite pleased with my first leather proyect.

I share it under creative commons license for personal use only.
Make sure to remove my initials and substitute your own in the final design.
I hope you enjoy it and share a picture if you make one.

Airtag Keyring V5.svg.zip (14.3 KB)

61 Likes

This is great! The apple ones are almost as expensive as the air tag or more. Great job!

8 Likes

That came out really great. Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Yay for your first leather project! I’ve had in mind making one for mine, too. Nice job!

4 Likes

Great job and thanks for the share!!

5 Likes

This looks great! Thank you for sharing your design.

4 Likes

That’s great, you really nailed the apple styling!

5 Likes

I might just get an Airtag so I can make one!

5 Likes

I’ve been needing a reason to get an Airtag and now i have it, Thanks

6 Likes

Awesome! We’ve been looking for some leather projects - thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Nice! Now I need to make one for the Samsung equivalents. lol

3 Likes

Very nice! Lots to
Do here for sure!

4 Likes

Nicely done.

3 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

@jamie.hurley welcome to the forum, here you will find a creative community that encourages information exchange. You are welcome. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

2 Likes

Thank you for the share!

1 Like

thank you just bought a 4 pack of air tags this will come in handy instead of paying 29.99 or 39.99 ea

2 Likes

The only Apple product I do not own. Great design!!

1 Like