Simple Marble Run v1.0.5

Neat contraption! Can you explain what you mean when you said

3 Likes

I think he wrote SVG in a text editor and opened it in Chrome to make sure it looked right.

3 Likes

Wow, you designed these SVG files by hand? Very impressive indeed!

And what an awesome marble machine!

2 Likes

Boggles the mind you designed this in markup! Well done!

2 Likes

Incredible! Props to you, sir!

2 Likes

You are correct. I wrote the SVGs in a text editor. I used some graph paper to draw out some of the structures to make it easier to calculate some of the point coordinates. And used Chrome to test out the results.

3 Likes

Tinkercad (https://www.tinkercad.com/) really helped me envision and test the pieces together before I printed it (so I wasted less material).

I found several issues when I tried to assemble it here and made several adjustments. It is a really cool free web application (but it had a bit of a learning curve to get used to it.)

7 Likes

Nice work. Making a marble run is definitely on my list. I already bought a motor for the one @m_raynsford has designed. Just need to pick a size and order some ball bearings.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have seen his. Do you have a link?

1 Like

He has them scattered everywhere!

4 Likes

I’m impressed. Lots of work and thought figuring these things out, I’m sure. Very cool indeed.

2 Likes

My son helped me get a video of it working.

18 Likes

Thanks for sharing this link! I have seen the wheel method (obviously, I used it), and the stair-climber. But, I really like his elevator contraption and his mini one!

I think I should play around with smaller ball bearings too, I think that could make many designs easier.

3 Likes

wow! great work!

3 Likes

I am impressed that you got this down to a single sheet of proof grade material. Very nice project too. :smiley:

6 Likes

Here is the SVG if anyone else wants to try to create it!

11 Likes

That is really cool! I love machines created on the Glowforge.

3 Likes

This is a great design. I need to learn tinkercad or some cad software.

3 Likes

Love it! It’s a fantastic project!

1 Like

Thanks for your generosity!

2 Likes