perfect!!!

10 Likes

It would be even funnier if it hadn’t received a single like. :smile:

11 Likes

I’d like this but…

6 Likes

The topic make me nervous.:no_mouth:

13 Likes

I am not going to look at all of the available badges. I’m too OCD, and I’ll obsess on it… like when I played WoW and they introduced “achievements”. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Chuckle! I never played that, but had a friend who was completely obsessed with it to the point of not doing her job.

Not a happy ending there. :neutral_face:

6 Likes

It can be very fun. At the more advanced levels, gaming can be like an intricate brain teaser… but it can also be hugely addictive. I’ve seen scenarios like the one that you described with your friend, and it’s not pretty. Though I do think those cases are the exception rather than the rule.

6 Likes

Before WoW was released, EverQuest was the big game. There was an intern at my company that everyone just knew was going to make great engineer, partly because of his great work ethic. He started playing EverQuest and was out of a job after 2 or 3 months.

10 Likes

Ouch! My brother was big on DND years ago, but they kind of drifted apart after high school.

I used to think he’d never amount to anything when he was a squirt.
(But he proved me wrong. ) :mask::smile:

6 Likes

That sounds like me, too. We stopped having enough free time for D&D a loooong time ago.

4 Likes

My husband played Evercrack before we met. From what I hear, it’s a good thing that we met after he quit. He’s still an avid gamer geek, but these days that’s a small slice of his life VS the whole thing :wink:

My little brother is a huge gamer too. He was accepted to a pro team for his favorite game, but he quickly realized that it was too stressful for his taste. Instead, he landed his dream job at Riot and now he gets to help design games. I’m amazingly proud of and happy for him for being able to do what he loves for a living.

So between family & friends, there are an awful lot of geeks in my world. But thankfully, they’re pretty balanced about it.

14 Likes

I love games like WoW and EQ, but luckily I always seem to reach a point where I get tired of the game and just stop playing. The people who get addicted seem to be pretty social (more social than me, at least, which isn’t saying much) in the sense that getting together with their online friends seems to be the biggest attraction. There’s nothing wrong with this (friends are friends, online or otherwise), but it does make quitting the game harder.

9 Likes

My old college roommate and his fiance had a WOW problem. They would play all the time. Then one would give it up, and the other would drag them back in. Finally, his fiance have it up for good, but he kept playing. Never wanted to go out and do stuff, just wanted to play wow.

I hindsight, I should have realized that relationship was doomed. He bought an Xbox 360 instead of an engagement ring.

12 Likes

It is sad that some people can get addicted to anything and not find balance. Says the guy that spends 26 hours a day on the GF forum…

24 Likes

Yeah, I have to say you nailed it with that comment! :smile:

(i can’t cast any stones at gamers.)

12 Likes

I came in this morning and the original post is up at 44! I am laughing quite hard and just now wondering if someone will ACTUALLY push it over 50.

6 Likes

I liked the requirements for the insane title. Sooo much reputation grind, but in return it was super rare.

6 Likes

I’m up to 5 more “Nice Replies” from responses on this one thread.

14 Likes

Same here! I started this thread just curious to see if anyone else loved giving that 10th like. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten so many likes in a single thread.

11 Likes