Simple Tic-Tac-Toe box

My dad had a stroke and I was trying to think of games he could play to re-engage his mind and to get his hand/eye coordination working better. I decided to make a simple Tic-Tac-Toe game that the X’s and the O’s would stay put if his hands were not steady. This is what I came up with. It is not much but hey, someone may like it. :slight_smile:

Outside Box
Drawer and Grid
X and O

67 Likes

Thanks for a lovely file. Best wishes to your dad for recovery. It can be a long road, but tactile devices such as this game will help.

15 Likes

Thank you! I like the drawer for the pieces!

11 Likes

This is lovely on many levels.

10 Likes

He will enjoy this! The drawer makes it extra nice.

10 Likes

Nice share. Thanks and hope dad gets well soon.

11 Likes

That’s fabulous!

11 Likes

What a great idea I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

10 Likes

What a great idea, and thank you for sharing it too!

10 Likes

What a nice set, thank you!

I wonder if you could make the pieces stat put even better by putting a steel plate under the board and embedding magnets is the playing pieces.

12 Likes

Are you asking if having the magnets instead of the grid or with the grid also? It would be very easy to do, just glue small magnets to the pieces and to the underside of the board.

7 Likes

I would add them to the set. The grid looks nice and would be missed.

(Can’t believe how many grammatical errors I have in my original question. It’s this darn autocorrect on my iPad. Sorry!)

11 Likes

Very nice, thank you! Not only will be it good for your dad’s hand/eye coordination, but will also give him some good company while playing it, which will also be wonderful for him.

10 Likes

I have to make two sets for the great grans. They are of an age for it and also have troubles keeping things where they belong without knocking them about.
Thanks for the share.

11 Likes

Great share! Very thoughtful!

10 Likes

Thank you so much. This will be helpful for my special needs son who sometimes shakes!

9 Likes

Thank you for the share. Fun project

8 Likes

I just got my Glowforge yesterday. How do I go about using this file to make this game? It looks awesome!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Right click the line drawing images (file) and save image as svg to your computer. Then drag and drop the file onto the interface or upload it to your dashboard. Before embarking on projects that may result in wasted material, I suggest you work through the Glowforge tutorials.

11 Likes

Okay, thank you very much! I will try out the tutorials as well. Good suggestion.

8 Likes