Simple Wood Side Table

Hi everyone,

I’ve been exploring side table designs that come together using only wood glue and a rubber hammer. This is a simple side table made with 1/4 inch plywood and assembled with tabs that hold the pieces together. I recorded the process from design to final product, which you can see on my YouTube channel.

Hope this inspires your projects!
Tim

47 Likes

Wow, this is really beautiful! Great video demonstration as well.

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it

2 Likes

Oh, very nice! The unusual finger joint design is nearly invisible in that strong grain. Love it!

4 Likes

Thanks for this video and write up. Your designs and techniques are always such nice contributions to the forum.

4 Likes

This is beautiful. Is it unfinished so the lovely scent remains?.

3 Likes

I finished it with natural oil, so it still has some of the natural scent :smile:

2 Likes

I did something similar but made it to fit an 18’ x18’ ceramic tile that was supposed to resemble stone.
And I put wheels at the bottom…

7 Likes

Very cool! The wheels are a great idea

2 Likes

Love cedar plywood. Is that the stuff from Home Depot? Any suggestions on cutting it?

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Always neat to see the Glowforge pushed to size limits.

2 Likes

Great concept! Love the "let’s build with the fewest things and get something great! " Great table!

3 Likes

I purchased the cedar plywood from a company called Smokey Hill Designs. They provide settings for cutting and engraving on their website.

1 Like

Yes! That’s a good point. This one was made on a Glowforge basic model :smile:

Thank you! That’s definitely my mindset when designing projects for laser cutting.

2 Likes

I’m surprised the wheels don’t cave under the weight. Very nice

The joys of little fingers that make the corners very strong. The wheels would still support more than the table I think. :thinking:

Always inspiring, thank you for that wonderful video! Such a beautiful table.

1 Like

Beautiful. I love cedar.

1 Like