Site with "Huge List" of links to files, tuts, & freebies

I have no affiliation with this site… I just now found out about it. There are a lot of links (several of which have been linked here before) with some that are new to me.

https://tinyurl.com/yatgroqn
:grinning:
Martha

5 Likes

Tiny url is the worst. This is the site it’s trying to obscure:

https://vinylcuttingmachines.net/list-of-svg-files-tutorials-freebies/

I have removed the facebook(?) tracking garbage on the end for your convenience.
?fbclid=IwAR1riiiy0Yx–QEUqBUOtAvuzJN7wKXgj56yjpWso0e4FUjq28eBl6LBTOE

Now you can make a properly informed decision before you click.

11 Likes

Thanks! Now if you could just remove the annoying “subscribe” popup, too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks! When I tried to post the url, I got a horrendously long one, so I went to tinyurl.

P.S. Some of the links on the site are bad. Don’t install any extensions, as one link asks.

2 Likes

This site doesn’t sound very friendly. So many “craft” sites try to take advantage of the relatively low technical literacy of the average crafter. I found site after site that was outright hostile to the user when I was into my cricut.

I would recommend installing privacy badger extension, it’s really good at stopping tracking systems.

For example, the front page of this site had ten different tracking systems that privacy badger blocked.

Something like msnbc or cnet can have 25-30. It’s crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I try to avoid msnbc. Picked up a bad malware there once by accidentally clicking on one of the ads they make up to look like news.

This looks like a good overview list. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

uBlock is another really good extension for blocking ads, trackers, etc.
Make most pages load a lot faster too.

1 Like

Drives me nuts when I’ve been on a site for .75 seconds and boom! there’s a pop-up saying “If you find this interesting, subscribe now.” Get out of my face so I can decide if it’s interesting!
It’s one of the grievous user experience fails on the web nowadays. So dumb.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.