Sitting lid box

I got a chance to print the boxes i created per @crkjelstrom and @deirdrebeth’s directions and am happy to report everything fits like it should. It was really easy-once i got it through my thick head:-). i have printed 3 different sizes today! Finding i.e. how to enter a value in inkscape for the offset isn’t intuitive and i had to watch a video…happy to do it when i learn something!!

Thanks again for your patience in this!

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! :lying_face:

:rofl:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Well, that will have to wait as i need to engrave on them and glue them up… i just wanted to be sure they fit before i did all the extra time! When i have it completed, i promise i will post!!

3 Likes

We’ll be watching…

2 Likes

That’s the best part about this kind of thing, once you’ve gotten your head wrapped around the first one - I bet the 2nd goes faster, and the 3rd even faster than that :slight_smile:

You’re on the easy side of that mountain you were climbing :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations! The more you learn, the more you can learn.

Okay @eflyguy…here’s one of the boxes i made with the sitting box lid ! (proof!! :grinning:). I used the file i purchased from @yoyodyne2112 of the stadium and put it on top of the lid. I make homemade fudge for my CEO every year for Christmas so this box will ‘house’ the fudge. He has season passes to the Chiefs games.

12 Likes

OK, you pass… :joy:

Nice job!

3 Likes

This is fantastic! Well done. And I bet your next will be even better :grin:

I will say this: I prefer to have a few more fingers on the edges and bottom. It makes everything a bit more secure.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll remember that. This was one i just allowed the generator to create…I’ll see where I can change how many fingers are used. The larger one I made had many more, of course:-)

1 Like

Nice, inventive handle for that lid.

Awesome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.