Sizing Changes When Imported/Uploaded

I am trying to create a project with a stand. I’m designing in Affinity and using mm to get my sizing just right. I am exporting to SVG. When I import it into the app for the glowforge, it is changing the size of my design. For instance, it is importing a 4 inch square at about 3.25 inches. Does anyone know if I have a setting wrong or something as I’m exporting? I really wish they would make a better way for resizing within the app itself that would be a little more precise.

I am sure an Affinity Designer user will pop in and respond presently. In case it is enough to get you unstuck, the key in most cases is to set up your page size to match the Glowforge bed (12" by 20") and, make sure you are exporting/saving your designs at 96DPI.

5 Likes

It has to do with scaling settings in you export. The Affinity experts will chime in, but check through the old posts on this topic to get a handle on it.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=affinity%20svg%20scaling

5 Likes

YES! This seemed to do the trick! Thanks!

4 Likes

Glad to hear that worked for you! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.