Slate cheese plate or grave marker?

Understood…

1 Like

You had me at dollar store.

5 Likes

Me too, what dollar store sells those.

2 Likes

Ok, yeah, but come Halloween, thats going to be the most amazing grave stone cheese plate in the whole neighbourhood!

14 Likes

99 cent store. They are right next to the bamboo cutting boards. I bought one to see how it would engrave, but I am going to return and buy all they have. Gravestone markers get a pretty good price!

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4:LOL

2 Likes

:+1: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok. I picked 20 more slates this afternoon. Now just need to figure out the best use for them.

2 Likes

Hah oh man this made me actually laugh out loud. I love the look on it and this it is very nicely done!! :smiley:

2 Likes

There must be a cemetery in need, somewhere nearby :wink: Kidding aside, the slate looks great…I’ve done some of that myself and love the way they look.

1 Like

Mentioned earlier in

Nice job !! I’m still thinking what to put on mine (and finding time) but want to try a photo engrave

1 Like

I was at a funeral a few years ago and walking through the graveyard I noticed a marker with the names of an old friend’s parents. “Oh my god, when did they die?” “Hold it, how did I not hear about them dying?” “How did they both die without me hearing?” “Wait a minute, I just saw them a few months ago and why aren’t there dates?”

I knew you could pre-purchase a grave, but apparently you can also have a marker with your names placed ahead of time. Just tell your wife you’re planning ahead.

3 Likes

So Funny. And that’s exactly the kind of interaction I have with my wife. I built raised gardens once that were kind tapered end to end to follow some other landscaping. Was very proud.

She said it looked like I put six coffins in the back yard.

My sympathies, buddy.

4 Likes

This is awesome! How big is that slate?

1 Like

I think it was about 8x11 but I will measure when I get home and post again if that is not right.

8 x 12 for this one. I also have some that are square shaped

Awesome, thanks for the info!

1 Like

If your local $0.99 / Dollar store doesn’t carry them, try Michaels. Varies from location to location, but some have everything from pack of four 4" coasters to 8x10 plaques/platters for $2-3.

1 Like

And Michael’s always has a 40% off coupon available

Oh very pretty! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like