Slide Puzzle

I’m always looking for fun ways to engage with my audience and what better way than to play some puzzle games for prizes? So I made this little puzzle game with our new logo and the audience has to finish it; someone wins a gift card when it’s finished. Pretty fun!

Then I thought, this one would be good to share here because who doesn’t love a good slide puzzle? I was a bit hasty when I put mine together and the pieces didn’t all fit perfectly. I had to trim them on the table saw and the acrylic wasn’t a huge fan of the blade. I had a lot of chipping (which you can see in the picture). Since then, I added a black set of score lines that you can use for alignment which I didn’t have. I then framed mine out of some good Sapele hardwood (my favorite to work with).

To assemble:

1. Glue 3rd layer border onto Backing
  2. Place 3rd layer squares inside 3rd layer border
  3. Glue 2nd layer border onto 3rd layer border
  4. Glue 2nd layer squares onto 3rd layer squares
  5. Glue Puzzle Front border onto 2nd layer border
  6. Glue Puzzle Front squares onto 2nd layer squares

Ensure you’re careful with the glue because if you glue any other pieces together, the puzzle won’t slide. I probably added a bit too many score lines, but better safe than sorry.

Each individual piece should look like the ones pictured below. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or come say hi.

I make designs on Twitch. Come hang out if you’d like or if you need some advice/guidance on some designs.

Slide Puzzle

33 Likes

Thank you for this unique design. I love the clock in the background, by the way.

4 Likes

Thank you. I made that clock for my wife for her birthday years ago which sort of started other people asking me to make them stuff.

4 Likes

Happy wife happy life.

5 Likes

And a potential corollary - “You can be right, or you can be happy. Choose happy.” (The first part of that is said almost totally in jest. The last part, 100% true.)

5 Likes

Oh, cool! Thanks so much for the design.

2 Likes

Very neat - thanks for the generous share!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

I played with these games endlessly as a child and even as a teenager - what fun! Thanks for the share. :grin:

5 Likes