Slide sorter

I’m finally getting around to scanning all my 35mm slides from the 70s & 80s and needed a quick way to sort through them. In less than 30 minutes I was able to go from idea to finished using two pieces of PG from my scrap drawer and a free LED light from HF:

I left the masking on one side of the frosted acrylic to even out the illumination even more. Pattern was SVG straight from boxes.py – no modifications or glue needed, just banged it together with my GF-made wooden mallet.

Wednesday, 4/4/18 10am MDT. No problems noted.

44 Likes

Love the small size! I’ve got a light table, but it’s too much of a hassle to drag out every time I need to do something. :grinning:

1 Like

Nice!

@Jules – I got tired of the big, clunky light box taking up space and, switched to an 11”x18” Porta-Trace LED panel. It pretty much lives on one of my work tables now but, takes seconds to lean against a wall out of the way. I am not sure about color temperature issues, if that matters to you.

5 Likes

Oh dang it! You had to show me that didn’t you? :smile:

2 Likes

:grin:

That’s probably about my reaction when I first spotted one in an art supply place.

1 Like

At first glance I thought you had made slide-style picture frames. This is also nifty!

1 Like

How did you make those little TV screens? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ooooo…nice solution!

1 Like

Great idea, maybe can restart my slide scanning project :grin:

1 Like

What a great little light box! My favorite part is that it’s wireless. I’ve got one of those super thin LED light boxes but the darn thing runs on AC power.

1 Like

What an awesome idea and clever execution! Hope you find some more gems like these two in your slides.

1 Like

Awesome idea and execution!

1 Like

Brilliant. So practical.

1 Like