Sliding vent for hose

Has anyone considered adding “teeth” to the gate for a rack and pinion setup? It would be awesome to setup a leaf switch and motor to automate the gate. Add an arduino and have status with blinking lights.

2 Likes

I’m all for fun projects, but for the price of a pro version, not sure it’s worth it…

1 Like

Great idea, thanks!

1 Like

I would love to use this design but when I right click svg is not one of my save as options. I use inkscape and opened it in there but when I trace it to bitmap it does not come out well. I have been able to do this to other designs but not this one. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Use a different browser. Sounds like you were using Edge.

2 Likes

That worked, thanks!!

1 Like

That would be co

Cool

No leaks for me, but you could add a foam window seal to the edges if your window doesn’t line up.

me either

How to download is mentioned a number of times in the thread.

Not sure why but this design does not work for me when it goes to cut it the frame that should have the pieces with the nail holes cut apart into four strips

I believe you need to separate the various parts of the file before cutting. Look at the photo of the finished product and at the pieces that cut for you. Do you see that you need one item to secure to the wall, one item that slides back and forth and one item on top of the other two. The slim parts that cut are spacers - I think. I have not made this item.
vent

3 Likes

Thank you for some reason I couldn’t separate them in the glowforge file.

Control or Command + shift + g should ungroup anything that’s grouped. If it’s not grouped and you don’t want to cut it - you can drag it off to the side.

1 Like

Unzip this and see if it works for you. I simply separated the pieces and used different colors for the stroke.
Vent.svg.zip (3.4 KB)

3 Likes

awesome that worked. are there directions on how this thing is put together ? LOL

I haven’t seen any instructions. I think you are going to be able to figure it out after studying the assembled unit in the photos above.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this.

Keep creating.