Slit Slot Hinge Lid Box

I wasn’t sure. Cuttle is currently free, and may have a fee in the future. But I think they have made it clear if you share a project than it will be free to use.

I guess if I posted a file that I created in Illustrator (which is not free), technically the file is free to use.

2 Likes

So interesting design/Cuttle thing - it looks like your tab parameters is hard coded so when (for example) I switched this to 10x15 inches, the slots became a single 10" slot - they didn’t switch to their Imperial equivalent from the 10mm.
Not sure if that’s a parametric thing, or a Cuttle thing - but in case you do I’m letting you know :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure how I missed this when you posted it but thanks so much for this. I love boxes!

2 Likes

It is a Cuttle thing. I do imperial measurements for everything else. But when design parametric files, the math is so much easier in metric.

You could multiple by 25.4

You would have to rearrange the components.

6 Likes

I did - I also messed with even more to see if I can make it flat pack furniture with a little storage…we’ll see if it works!

2 Likes

This is really lovely! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

What took me so long to find this? Thank you! I have lots of rings and they deserve a nice box to live in.

4 Likes

Nikolett did a great job writing up my hinge box generator. Actually the article is about Cuttle, I was just thrilled that someone used my file and it worked.

10 Likes

Cuttle now has built in support for changing units.

2 Likes

One thing I like about this kind of hinge is you can use stops to prevent the lid from flopping all the way back…

12 Likes

That’s nice. I have found that my lids have enough friction to hold in place. But after time I bet it would wear down.

I like your solution, you have more control.

5 Likes

thank you for sharing

1 Like