Slit Slot Hinge Lid Box

I guess that what you call it. It is a combination of few boxes I have seen made. I made a small one to save material and to test the settings.

My wife said it look like a ring box, so I made it into one.

You can make your own box using the link below. Not just for rings.

91 Likes

Small and cute!

2 Likes

Very nice - and at a larger scale you’ve made flat pack furniture!

9 Likes

You know, I haven’t tested to see if Cuttle has a limit. But if I ever get a ShopBot, I might try it.

3 Likes

awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! i am just getting into making boxes and having a great time - though my son"s face when he said “What did you do today” and I said 'I made a BOX!!!"…well, he gave me the same look when I jumped up and down for joy yelling “I got a Hammer for Mother’s Day!”

11 Likes

I love this, thanks for the share. I like the slots for a box-stays together without glue!

3 Likes

nice project. What is the ring holder insert made of?

1 Like

It is 65lb card stock paper. Recollections brand at Michael’s. I used the default settings in the glowforge.

There is link on the read me that creates the insert if you want to make ring insert.

2 Likes

Nice. What type/how thick is your material? It doesn’t look like plywood or veneered MDF .

1 Like

Proofgrade medium walnut.

1 Like

Now it just needs a way to click-lock to stay shut! Very cool, thank you for sharing it and I’ll be adding this to my Cuttle dashboard :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the share Brian!

2 Likes

Like the flip hinge. Thank you!

This is awesome - thank you for sharing the file!

Nice design. I like the way the sides slot into the hinge before assembly. It gives the box such a clean, uncluttered look.

2 Likes

Very clever hinged box. The walnut looks nice with your wife’s ring too.

3 Likes

Nice! I really like the hinge and had been thinking about working on this soon, you may have just saved me some time! (Anyone who saves me time is awesome in my book!) lol

2 Likes

I have been buying some fountain pens to take notes with. My new favorite pen needed a box.

I also wanted to test out the new pattern line feature and typed in the first word that came to mind about pens. Pen > Sword => Rock

I used the same Cuttle file for the ring box and adjusted the parameters for the new box.

14 Likes

Moved this to Free patterns since there’s a pattern included :slight_smile: