Small barn for train set

This is great! I’m glad your mini farmer put up a fence to keep his animals off the tracks.

3 Likes

Another level ! Good looking stuff.

2 Likes

Just wow! that looks so real!

1 Like

Your projects always astound me. I seriously go back and look at your past posts from time to time just to enjoy them all over again.

5 Likes

Wow just wow!! Always a delight.

4 Likes

You are doing just what I got a GF to do, build things for my HO trains, looks GREAT

3 Likes

One of my plans, too. But I suppose I should set up the trains first…

2 Likes

Any chance you are willing to share the file? Or do you have a storefront? I am looking for templates to show my students so they have an idea of how to create a 3D building. We will be working on making simple structures first, then progressing on to a creation of their own or a well-known building (think: empire state building).
TIA!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

There are a variety of reasons why someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standards (and forum rules) are to not ask for files, but leave it up to the designer to offer.

If you’re looking for a huge selection of freely shared files, check out the Free Laser Designs section in the forum. Hundreds of great files in there for personal use. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Indeed, I am new to the forum. I appreciate the correction.

There are quite a few buildings in there - searching for train I think gets you the largest number of them!

2 Likes

Awesome, you certainly have the right tool for it! Have you made anything yet? I’m always interested in trading files if ya want to. Thats exactly why I got mine as well and have made quite a few. In fact, pretty much everything on my layout (including bridges and tunnel portals were cut on the forge.

10 Likes

For students? Shoot me a message, I’m sure I could help ya out with something. Like dwardio said, there are some of my files in the Free Laser Designs forum. The “saloon” is a good one to start with (maybe just change the name, lol). Here is a fun project of the Empire State Building you can make out of scraps…

8 Likes

Or here is a .pdf file you can download of something your kids could cut out of (thick) paper. I know schools always seem to have a ton of paper. :slight_smile:

Paper Castle .pdf (3.2 MB)

9 Likes

Would love to keep in touch. I am re-building my layout. Have benchwork in place and starting on roadbed. Been collecting building files for the layout.
bought a HUGE lot of cars, engines and structures from a retired teacher, moving into a new house and partner would not allow 3 gages (“N”-:HO"-“G”) in the new place. Got several hundred cars - 40 or so engines and 20 or so structures. Still doing inventory

Love to share tricks for the GF to make parts better.
Looking for a good shingle design, most are too repetitive. May just need to cut tissue slits to look right.

2 Likes

If I just saw your eighth photo somewhere else, I easily would have thought it was a real full-size barn with trees. As always, you work is outstanding.

7 Likes

My heart just breaks every time I see your art. Thank you for gathering such goodness together and composing it so well for others to enjoy and be inspired. Blessings.

5 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Wow. That is gorgeous! Great train layout too!

I am amongst greatness!

2 Likes