Snack trays shadowbox style

If this ever actually happens I’m not bringing anything due to embarrassment. It would be like bringing a tuna sandwich to a church potluck!

5 Likes

Ohmygosh, love love love! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Are you kidding?! I aspire to design like @designvh619 one day! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey we need those too, especially if I bring the snack plates!

2 Likes

This is awesome!!!
Curious how thick is the acrylic?

2 Likes

These are simply lovely. I think I would use these more than coasters. The layering effect is very cool and the whole thing is so functional, as well. And, the stand is extremely neat…so simple yet very elegant. Reminds me a lot of how I made this LED light…same thought process…layers of related images to create a whole picture. I think you will agree that it’s lots of fun and quite a challenge to line all the layers up correctly.

3 Likes

Wonderful timing for me! I got to film this today and your project is great inspiration for my images. The scene you put together is just beautiful.

Here’s two of 1200+ images I took :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Wooh! Totally cool!!! Now to build a wooden tray frame to insert around them for framing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Jealous!

2 Likes

That is outfrigginstanding! I love this as a piece of art.

I worry about the durability of the acrylic as something like this or even coasters. Please report back after several uses and washes and let us know.

3 Likes

I used the proofgrade thick clear acrylic for the plates. Thinking the medium thickness might break in usage.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I remember seeing your post last year, thinking at the time I’d never be able to do that!!! Now here we are less than a year later. Back then I was still figuring out how to make a simple keychain. :grin:. Yes, there is great satisfaction in figuring these things out and when it finally all lines up just right. I still marvel at myself that I was actually able to make this - thanks to :glowforge:.

3 Likes

Oh yes!!! Wish I was there with you! Love the one especially with the rainbow reflection. great shot!

1 Like

Haha! I was thinking I’d enjoy it as a piece of art till Christmas time when I intent to give these to a few select (read worthy) recipients with the caution not to stick them in the dishwasher, not to cut on them with a knife, and to be sure to eat from the smooth side. I suspect that most people won’t use it on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Lovely job … love the trays and the stand!

2 Likes

This is impressive, is the tray file blank available?

1 Like

@curvygirlsarechic, please note that it is against forum rules to ask for any files, even blank template ones. However, I don’t mind sharing this one. Here it is:
snack trays blank.svg.zip (1.3 KB)

5 Likes

p.s. I hope you share with us what you come up with! :grinning:

4 Likes

I was not aware of that thanks for sharing much appreciated!

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t know I won’t break the rules again… thanks for sharing with me!

3 Likes