Snapmark Alignment Issues?

Hi! I’ve been trying to use Snapmarks on a variety of materials. I have followed all the steps outlined in this tutorial, made a jig, etc., but when the Glowforge app finds the Snapmarks, the design doesn’t appear to be properly positioned on the picture of the bed. (See attached)

Is this normal? Will it engrave in the right place, even if the image is off? Or should I manually reposition each one so it appears to be centered?

Snapmarks are not longer supported and work on them has been put on hold because of the new calibration tool. If you have not performed the calibration I highly suggest that you do.

Do not reposition to make it look like it will line up. The biggest thing when using snapmarks is to make sure you have the thickness set to the thickness of the jig and not what you are engraving. Then set the thickness of what you are engraving in the engraving settings. If the snapmark symbols line up after telling it to snap then you are good to go.

2 Likes

Snapmarks do not fix the graphics overlay. If you got a successful snap, you should be fine to just run the job.

1 Like

It won’t be perfect, but it should be fairly close. You received the looking good message, so you should be good to glow.

The alignment should be good to go as far as the burning goes. The lid camera image still is going to have a little warp to it. You could always put the cutouts of the openers back in and do a dry run at low LPI to verify.

Thank you, everyone, for the great advice. I’m sorry that you ran into trouble getting the alignment right on your jig. I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to fix it.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator

Should you finish all of these steps, and find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results.

If you are still experiencing any more problems, please let us know.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.