Snapmark not exporting from Inkscape properly

I imported my Snapmarks into inkscape.
They appear to not be importing at the right scale. My measurement box on the imported snapmarks shows them to be 10.598mm.

That issue aside, when I export my Jig, and import it into the GFUI, ,y snapmarks are converted to an enclosed shape.
28%20PM

Does anyone have an insight as to what is going on?
Inkscape .92.2 on a Mac.
I have tried switching to bounding box in Edit>Preferences>Selector>When transforming show>Box outline

I am using Inkscape on a Mac. I downloaded the snapmarks template as instructed, then opened with Inkscape. I did not “import” into Inkscape. I work in inches, not mm. I then saved the file as a plain svg. I also had good luck dragging the snapmark template directly into the GFUI. Why not download the snapmark template again and save per the instructions and start over. It is not normal that the snapmarks are converted to an enclosed shape.

I’ve gotten this several times, weird things in Inkscape. The solution is to not “import” but to open the original templet and save it as whatever you need it to be. I think it is a problem with fill and stroke interpretation but not sure.

I’m going to close this thread. The Snapmark feature is still in beta, so the support team can’t help with troubleshooting yet, but you can receive support here: Introducing Snapmark (September 2018)

1 Like