Snapmarks video tutorial - paper dolls

Topics:

• Using the new Snapmarks feature to get perfect alignment for cutting paper.
  • How to use Illustrator to make paper dolls by adding cut lines to existing artwork.

Please to enjoy.

39 Likes

Great video! I am wondering after watching that, who I need to bribe to get that feature on my Glowforge? I could be using it right now on the stuff I’m working on.

4 Likes

This is a fantastic demo of the Snapmarks feature! I also learned a lot about auto tracing, working in isolation mode, and cleaning up layers and swatches in Illustrator.

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, good. It takes so much set up to start these projects, I end up recording at 1AM and I feel like the result is less coherent and focused than intended.

5 Likes

For at least the next week I’ll be looking for any excuse to incorporate the term “layer hygiene” into my conversations.

5 Likes

Thanks, this is really informative–though I’m sure will need to watch a few times to absorb it all (and is as much a lesson on using Illustrator as how SnapMarks works)!

1 Like

I wonder when I will get the feature unlocked (if I get the chance to do so)

Thank you This is very helpful! I can’t wait to get this feature!

1 Like

Thanks for the video, makes lots of sense and helps me play with Illustrator more. Plus I would absolutely LOVE to have this feature… any idea when it’s going to be released to everyone???