Snow White (and the whole Classics collection!)

Hi Everyone! So I finished up Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs today. My original output just had all the dwarfs on one layer and Snow in the second layer and that was it. But when I got it up there with the rest, it just felt…less. So, I added more layers by breaking Doc and Sneezy in to their own layer, added the the gold frame and a piece of clear acrylic, backed it in silver to give it that Magic Mirror element, and put Dopey up front of it all. Was still able to use the same piece and not have to completely remake it. Also the stand was about 2 inches too tall so I had to shorten that up, but at least that part is removable.

First not-so-impressive Version:

Better Final Version:

And, the FULL COLLECTION (so far, I think I’m done, but you know how that goes). One of my desks has a hutch with a big open display spot between the cabinets. The frame in the center is a frame I made for my son’s school photo that I can change out every year, but it’s got the name of the school and the mascot on it, so blurred them out for privacy. Some spots might be blurry, I tried to get the clearest photo I could.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

42 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

What a remarkable collection! And, the second version of snow is so much better than the first. Awesome job!

4 Likes

This is grandpa goals, for sure. I wish I could spell “art”. That snow white would look amazing, blown up to a full size wall piece.

4 Likes

Your collection is just wonderful!

5 Likes

I really like the way your second version looks. Very professional. :blush:

4 Likes

The extra dimension with the added frame really takes Snow White to the next level and makes it look complete. Great job, as always!

4 Likes

You have developed quite the eye for detail and making your work speak. Beautiful … and thank you for the group photo!

3 Likes

What a great collection! What are you using to paint them?

2 Likes

Wow! Love how you developed the second piece with the frame, I never would have been able to think of that, and your collection - amazing!

2 Likes

mostly sharpies (and experimental blends, for example I didn’t have a color for Dopey’s shirt neck, so I made it with a light sage green and a layer of bright yellow done over it), the whites and lighter colors (and the gold) are colored pencil.

3 Likes

I am always amazed by the color tones of these.

1 Like

Really nice colors.

1 Like