So glad I got the passthrough

I have so much oversized stock. This saves me so many headaches. AND I can insert all my proofrage perpendicular to the bed as to not lose the inch on either side.

22 Likes

That’s amazing… How do you get things aligned correctly ?

1 Like

For just cutting small things out of large stock or cutting it down, you don’t need any better alignment than normally (ie not using the pass through). I use my pass through this way quite a bit. I’m glad I got it for the same reason and it wasn’t even really the reason I went for the pro (that was for the extra cooling).

You only need to pay particular attention to alignment when you’re trying to make something larger than can be cut in one position.

3 Likes

That is what I am trying to work out. I have some designs that are 18 wide and 3 feet tall. Should be possible but not sure (especially until on get my GF)

1 Like

I haven’t done it yet, but planning on using measured stops, and one giant 20x12 svg file when I get to that point

2 Likes

I have pro envy now. 1st world problems, I’m so spoiled - I’m fortunate to have a glowforge at all!

4 Likes

This is awesome. I’m already wishing I had sprung for the pro unit.

3 Likes

Is that roller / trestle thingy something one can buy or did you make it yourself?

1 Like

Called an adjustable roller stand. Standard equip for shops and contractors. About $20 here at the big box stores.

3 Likes

This guy explains how he did it. Matching up cuts on the pass through slot - making a RC airplane

1 Like

Thanks, never seen one before so didn’t know such a thing existed. Now I will need to buy a pair. Happens all the time with tools!

4 Likes

So handy. Made cutting studs for finished basement walls so much easier!

And for feeding big sheets into a tiny table saw!

2 Likes

There are a couple of tutorials in the matrix.

Thanks for sending that. Somehow I missed that in the Matrix…