So, whose idea at GF was it to create the forum?

100% agree.

5 Likes

Oh I like that! (Not the dancing - the theory!)

Here here! (Or is it hear, hear? I always get confused!)

X-Men 3 - Vinnie Jones :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

I just watched it. Lol

1 Like

My thoughts exactly…:smiley:

2 Likes

Agreed…this is the first forum I’ve actually been eager to read many times throughout the day…so many different creative, smart, funny, inspiring people in here that I’m proud to call friends.
Feeling accepted makes it easy to share with others.

8 Likes

As someone else on here stated, usually any amount of time I spend on a forum is strictly to ask a question about something. When it first dawned on me that all the great people on here didn’t care that I was a ‘dufus’ about lasers and were more than willing to help me, I became very comfortable, very quickly. It’s not easy to lay yourself wide open to a bunch of strangers, fearing either criticism or even a cold shoulder. This group was and is not, like that at all. You’re all real.

12 Likes

And thank you for letting us put our teaching hats on…lol. Although I’ve learned from you too…that’s whats so great about this forum…we all have something to share.

7 Likes

The Laser Lady gave us uninitiated so much of her time explaining and demonstrating with her lasers, there are many of us who feel a debt to you for that.
Just look at what happened when they weeded you from our ranks!

I have said it before, but you were a main factor in my decision to participate in the first startup of my life. The deal sounded so good, I was completely ignorant of the technology - but here was a person with 16 years of experience in the same line.
I didn’t know what the potential was - but I knew she did! :wink:

8 Likes

:grin::blush: Just glad I could be of help. I really hate teaching…lol. I’m a Doer and learn much by watching and experimenting cause I usually just get it so its hard to explain my process…thank you to all that have helped me be better at explaining.

9 Likes

I’ve learned so much from all of you…every single person here has something to give, something to teach, something to learn.

Not to be too terribly sappy about it, but I :heart: you guys!

14 Likes

It’s on display Jules. Putting together the highlights, the magnitude of the tutorials, I wonder "how does she do all this?"
I personally have been amazed at the scope of your experience and expertise across software platforms and your artistic prowess.
You always stand ready to help, and are a shinning Jule in the community. :sparkling_heart:
Thank you from all of us!

13 Likes

Naw…seriously, that’s just exposure. I’ve been doing it for a while, and you pick up a lot of tricks along the way…it’s better to share them as I go 'cause in return I can learn something new from someone else.

I try to learn something from everyone i meet…together we know a heck of a lot of stuff, and anything is possible.

And i want people to be designing their hearts out when their machines get here. I’m going to get so much out of it…you have no idea. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is the nugget I search so hard to teach all of my students. Pick up little pieces of skills here and there. Put them on display for all to see, and welcome their feedback and additions. This not only leads you to teach, but also to learn SO much.

Nothing is better than being able to walk up to someone and say “I know this much, but would love to know more. What parts do you know?”

16 Likes

There can be no success without failures. Own them, learn from them, then try until you succeed. I fail daily, pull my foot out of my mouth, learn what I did wrong, and try again. Even a bad idea can spawn something grand, if one lets the process churn. CBC

15 Likes

@Jules

YESSSS!!! Sooo this…

5 Likes

There’s a saying in Italian (forgive my spelling, as the Florentine (proper / official) dialect is not my original / every day dialect: “Imparate l’arte, e mettelo d’aparte.”

Translated: “Lean an art, and set it apart.”

I think everyone of us on this forum live our lives according to that, and love to share, too… :smiley:

8 Likes

I just had this weird conspiracy theory thought.
What if the whole point of the glowforge was the forum?

“Gentleman, we need to assemble the best and brightest but they can’t know that they have been assembled until the time comes.”

16 Likes