So you like wordle?

How about worldle?

You guess a country, they tell you how far away you are from the answer and in what direction. So you are now 2000 km to the northeast of the country they’re looking for. Keep guessing countries until you narrow it down.

I cheated and use the world map, because it’s one thing to know that countries exist and it’s a totally different thing to know relative orientation all in your head.

Now if they did this with US states, I could probably do it from memory but anyway. Enjoy!

16 Likes

I would need a map for sure. My family says I am “geographically challenged” :wink:

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the link. I love wordle so this is a great version. It took me all 6 guesses on this one but I got it.

1 Like

I feel like the country outline at the top might give away too much detail in some cases, so I’m gonna try turning it off tomorrow and see how it goes. (It’s in the difficulty settings)

But like if it’s Italy or something that’s really distinctive like that, it’ll kind of take the difficulty out of the game.

2 Likes

#Worldle #27 1/6
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Definitely need to increase the difficulty. :innocent:

2 Likes

Sounds like a Jeopardy challenge!

1 Like

#Worldle #27 4/6
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
I never played Wordle, but I’ve heard about it. I also never understood the results diagrams people would post, but now I do! :smile:

1 Like

#Worldle #27 1/6
Got it in one - but yeah, the outline helped :slight_smile:

There are so many.
Wordle
Quordle (wordle, but 4 words)
Octordle (8 words)
Worldle (Geography)
SWordle (Star Wars words)
Lordle of the Rings (umm)
Lewdle (Yep)
Nerdle (Math)
I hear there is even a 16 word version out there.
I might be addicted.

3 Likes

At six years old I divided all the information I knew and did not know into three parts

1. Verifiable- not changing no matter when or how you looked at it

2. What I called Fad - you could know well but a week later it would be different or nobody would care.

3. Opinion -everyone had one or maybe many about what they did not actually know

I decided then I would focus on number one of that set, and not spend a lot of effort on the other two. The names of the countries is definitely number two, There are often different names or boundaries depending on the politics or tribe, and the history is a mix of one and three.

I read your post twice before I figured out you said ‘WorLde’. I couldn’t figure out why the instructions were so far off (from Wordle). LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the list. I’m pretty addicted to Wordle, but have been playing Nerdle a good bit too. For Nerdle, I just wish you could click in each box independently to input numbers as I feel I would be a lot faster without having to type out the whole thing each time to look at what I want to input.

2 Likes

Check out Summle, a new variant.

I got it in three.

3 Likes

Naw, I’m horrible at math. I don’t need to be reminded of it every day! :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s fun. New daily stop!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Name that tune wordle. I’m batting zero, I didn’t get yesterday or today.

1 Like

Interesting wordle stats analysis.

3 Likes

Oh hey solve two words at a time:

Pretty good variant.

2 Likes

Thanks. You keep finding them and I’ll keep playing

1 Like

There is also Quordle, Octordle, Sedecordle, Lewdle, Nerdle, Instant Nerdle, Squirdle (guessing pokemon instead of words), Worldle (geography) And if you get really ambitious, there is Kilordle (1000 words at the same time.)

1 Like