Software dream list

If there was one thing you wish you could see added to the software of the glowforge site what would it be?

I would like to see an option to select the old settings like a legacy mode and then toggle back off for current settings and I would like to see a unite option.

Just getting some more ideas for the hopper.

6 Likes

I think that a few of the tools in the premium product ought to be available to everyone, specifically:

• H/V align
  • Simple shapes (oval, rectangle, line)
7 Likes

Psht whatever on alignment things. It boggles me that DXF support is paywalled.

Also it’s not cool that aura users are essentially forced to get premium because of the 100k file size limit

7 Likes

Boolean ops and a better interface to select multiple items from the Noun Project stuff.

Improve the AI too.

Also what @GrooveStranger and @evansd2 said.

7 Likes

Oh, I held back, believe me. If I had a magic laser wand, I would make access to the fonts/clip art the real Premium benefit and unblock all the stuff that people like you and I consider table stakes.

Also it’s not cool that aura users are essentially forced to get premium because of the 100k file size limit

QFT

7 Likes

Glowforge is incentivized to keep making the subscription features more and more appealing which will eventually make it de facto mandatory anyway

• Me, January 2020.
12 Likes

SVG color annotation support so I can embed settings in my file; just upload and go.

9 Likes

The ability in the desktop that if you want to put a catalog design into an assigned category, that it actually moves the design into that category and removes it from “all” of the designs that you’ve got, instead of just copying it into the folder.

5 Likes

Thanks for starting this! I’ll make sure to add all of these suggestions to the Hopper and share them with the team.

7 Likes

^^^ This time 10

3 Likes

^^^^^^This, please!

Even if it is a “power user” thing that is not easily done by the standard user. If we could just add some information in the XML that the Glowforge would recognize and use, this would be a huge game changer.

All it needs to know is the difference between “cut” and “score”. The rest we can already do (“engrave” and “cut order”).

I set all my “score” instructions to black, but I still have to remember to change it in the GUI.

9 Likes

An ungroup command that respects groups of/in groups instead of ungrouping everything all the way down!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.