Some New Threads Not Showing in "New" section

Good to know I’m not the only one ha-ha. Did the two new betas show up in your “new” section? Those two didn’t show up for me.

3 Likes

Well, those i just happened to catch under the Latest heading, so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Haha, okay. We’ll its good to know im not the only one suffering. :wink: I just worry that I’ll miss some big update haha.

2 Likes

You may want to check your preferences; there is one for how you want to handle new posts, I have it set to say they are new if I haven’t read them yet, but don’t think that was the default.

7 Likes

That might have done it. :smiley:

3 Likes

I think the default is last week but if you change it you will be able to see all of them.

6 Likes

youre a life saver!!! Thank you!

4 Likes

I was noticing that too…I wonder if somehow preferences got set back to default or something…

7 Likes

Back in April? maybe? I found that most really old threads didn’t show up any more despite being unread and being set as haven’t viewed them yet.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you! I knew I was missing loads but I didn’t know I could change it.

5 Likes

WHOA! And just like that there’s 30 more threads I didn’t know about. Thanks for asking! And thanks to the rest in this thread for sharing!

4 Likes

And it looks like most of them have been BETA user projects—That’s the stuff I really want to see!

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. Maybe @dan can clarify, but my guess is that Beta projects are posted to a “Beta Users” category that we can’t see for approval and then once they are approved they are moved to a category we can all see. Since when they are first posted we can’t see them, we don’t get notifications. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I changed the setting @ernesto.a.ramirezr mentioned awhile back. I’ve been at 60ish “New” topics for awhile now. I should really catch up. :confused:

…I’m at an obscene amount of unread… I need people to stop posting so I can catch up.

5 Likes

yes - Dan mentioned in an earlier post that there is a “beta-users-only” thread and sometimes they will move threads over to the general area. ( Sometimes you may notice a “new” beta project shows the thread is several days old, only we just saw it…
From Topic :Beta Project: Hardwood experiments

4 Likes

Thanks… now I got another 15 to work through :smile:

2 Likes

I guess it took time to think… read a few new topics…next thing I see…65 new…I guess I need try to work off 10 a day…:slight_smile: lots of good stuff that went by unnoticed. …

4 Likes

The first part of this is exactly correct - I don’t know if that means there’s no notifications triggered, though?

2 Likes

hahaha [quote=“joe, post:16, topic:3273”]
…I’m at an obscene amount of unread… I need people to stop posting so I can catch up.
[/quote]

When I discovered this I felt in the same way hahahaha there are a lot of Topics and a lot of answers an some times is very difficult to catch up :sweat_smile:

And the issue is that this parameters don’t change the unread commentaries, only the lastest ones you have openned, so I recommend to always check the “Latest” section THEN you will struggle to keep updated :laughing:

6 Likes