Some of the projects we made

We have been glowforge owners for a few months now, but just a silent reader.
I am too shy to share our amateur works. But I guess, since it is made on a glowforge, it is just okay to share it here.

I sketched my daughter and engraved it.
I made my son a sort of plaque that I can attach a lace to hang on the wall. And also made 14 more for his classmates as a parting gift with their names.
The t-rex is one of my first cardboard project.
And lastly, my husband’s engraved photo as a father’s day gift. :slight_smile:

A little backstory about owning the glowforge.
I didn’t know anything about glowforge til January, when my friend ask me a business idea. Since I have been seeing the cricut ads, I told her about it. But also did my research about what are the top laser engraving cutting machines out there that fits her budget($1000), there’s not much.

So yes, I stumbled on glowforge, I fell in love with it, and talk her into it. As a friend, I think it is not right to get the “toy” for myself that I was helping her get for herself. After all, she has the money and we don’t. So I told her she could do financing, if she really wants to. She asked her husband about it. Unfortunately, he said NO! So she said, I should get it.

I asked my husband so desperately if we could get it. And said he’d prefer a plasma cutter(but way more expensive, so it was impossible to get.) I talked about it every day and every night for a week . Until he said yes! Through financing, we got a glowforge, and we liked it. It was worth the wait.

Our first push of the magic button:

P.S. Made a tp holder, LOL. ridiculously hilarious.
tpholder
was trying the living hinges, obviously failed it. First try was the one on the back.

31 Likes

C’mon now - you can’t show us these awesome things you made without showing us the tp holder. Please? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like you’re off to a good start! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice work! I really dig that t-rex, he’s got a lot of character.

2 Likes

Thank you! I see you on a lot of topics! I’m a fan!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Editted the post. Now, with the tp holder pic… :rofl: :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Love that articulating dinosaur and loved your story, too. Don’t stop showing us your things!

5 Likes

What a great story! And you’re obviously loving your Glowforge!

4 Likes

It looks like that TP holder just needs a clamp to make it the rest of the way though if you doubled the number of “hinge lines” per inch it would be downright floppy.

But for getting started it looks like a great start!
Your sketching skills are great and should be pursued with the Glowforge more :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you all. I appreciate the replies. :heart_decoration:

Thanks for the tip, I’ll practice more. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, that’s what this place is all about!
Sharing our projects or sharing knowledge.
Got a problem? Throw it on the table here and watch what happens. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, so glad you’re enjoying your Glowforge!! It can be so much fun!

Love your projects!

3 Likes

I love the sketch of your daughter.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes. My kids are loving it too. My son’s first comment was “glowforge is so cool”.

Thank you! :heart_decoration:
The engraved sketch looks a little different from the original.
Now, makes me think I should’ve just engrave with PNG file, instead of SVG.
Oh well, learning is a never ending process. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful sketch and gorgeous daughter.

3 Likes