Some special Heroes for Heroes PPE Face Shields

For the last few months I’ve been making PPE Face Shields and donating to front-line healthcare and emergency services workers here in New York City.

Most of the work has been leveraging 3D Printed parts. However in a recent batch I included a bunch of surprise visors that had been laser engraved with superhero faces.

Here are just a few…

Most of the medical teams are now well stocked with PPE Face Shields, so while I’m still producing some, demand has certainly fallen in New York. Good news!

At the same time as New York City reopens the demand for PPE is growing amongst small business that have also been hit hard.

To support small business I’m continuing to making face shields and now selling them at a very reasonable price. This will self fund this project going forward, allowing me to continue donating face shields to front-line healthcare and emergency services workers as needed.

If you are a small business owner, or know anyone looking for face shields, please reach out. I’ve also setup an online store at Etsy to facilitate orders: MadeOnEarthNYC - Etsy

23 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Nice modification for real heroes.

2 Likes

Very neat idea!

Aren’t they distracting to look through? (Honest question.)

It’s a bit like when you get a new set of eye glasses. The new frames are a little distracting at 1st, but after a little while you don’t even notice they are there.

We only included 1 or 2 super heroes for every 25 or so regular shields. Just a little surprise here are there.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.