Soprano Ukulele Class Project

I saw this post here: Prototype tenor ukulele

And decided this would be such a cool project for my HS class. We took the designs and all my students are making “custom” ukuleles.

Files I got on etsy, you can search soprano ukulele, Id wager there are a few! I have learned a lot about painting / staining, and its still not good enough.

35 Likes

That’s a great project. Awesome headstock on that blue one.

12 Likes

I love these! This looks like so much fun.

8 Likes

Wow! I sure do hope your students appreciate you.

8 Likes

A great project for the class!

6 Likes

Awesome! You need to take a photo of an arrangement of all the ukes—it would make a great poster.

6 Likes

So besides the high school class making them, are they going to learn to play them as well? They could play for a school assembly!

4 Likes

The strings teacher is going to give us some lessons as a nice tie in!

5 Likes

Sweet! How fun that will be for the students!

3 Likes

I think that sounds like so much fun. Can I join your class? (Remotely) LOL

3 Likes

My ADHD brain is going nuts over this post. I love this!!!
Making ukes in my STEM lab has been on my radar for years. How many Glowforges do you have in your room? I have only one, so something this big seems like it would “bottle neck” with 20 students trying to use the Glowforge at the same time.
Are you open to me reaching out to you via email to pick your brain? Seeing your post gives me the almost-courage to make the jump and try this in my lab!

4 Likes

You should, I ended up pre cutting some internal things, I ended up 3-D printing some parts. I have one lasercutter, but only have 9 students. I could scale up fairly easily I think.

2 Likes