Speckled/Multi-colored acrylic

Does anyone know where I can find some speckled acrylic similar to this?! I’ve looked everywhere that I know to look! Help!

3 Likes

There was a thread about some interesting acrylics somewhere, lets see…

OMG I am in a time loop haha!

Click through for more info.

5 Likes

Thanks. I’ve looked at that site before, too. I literally can’t find that specific one ANYWHERE! Ugh!

Yeah I’ve never seen that one either.

You’re sure it’s acrylic and not cast resin?

1 Like

What about these dudes?

Hmm

4 Likes

Sublimate whatever you want on white Acrylic.

2 Likes

I’m a new glowforge user so that feels way over my head :joy:

1 Like

No, I’m not sure it isn’t something other than acrylic now that you say that. I did a google search for speckled resin, too, and couldn’t find anything. I like those links you sent but was hoping to find the exact one. I know that’s a long shot, but figured I’d check here with the pros before giving up!

1 Like

Well a sublimation printer isnt even somehting that is glowforge related, so don’t feel bad.

Sub printers are cool but expensive. Ovm.steve has been doing interesting things with combining laser work and sublimation printer work, but the vast majority of us don’t have the equipment.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried yet, but I was wondering besides checking the content of each item, how would I know it’s sublimatible? So acrylic is a yes, because its poly-something? I haven’t played with it yet, I did find out that the white draftboard I have can be sublimated…Sorry, I ordered a heat press from China and it just got here, in one piece, and it works, so I’m looking around my house to see what I can test.

1 Like

It wasn’t that expensive, not compared to a Glowforge. I wanted the fancy one at first, but I realized I got a better deal just converting an Epson printer, and the Epson works with larger paper sizes without having to buy something special for it. It works super great. My first project was putting a postcard I got in Japan onto a free t-shirt the heatpress company sent me. I wanted an image that was super colorful just to test.

6 Likes

Also, this looks like it could be resin that was poured into a mold and had colorful bits put in it. Sorry, or that new color pour resin that is all over the place now. I had to edit, it doesn’t really looks like color bits, I think it’s the color pour resin, like Joann’s is selling. I did a quick image search and I found a few pairs of resin earring with similar colors.

3 Likes

I’ve been printing on the white board with some good results also white and clear acrylic.

1 Like

Awesome. I can’t wait to try it. I had way too hard of a time trying to figure out acrylic photo engraves. I think I’m missing that artsy eye that can tell me when I’ve hit the right combo of light and contrast. So this will make my life much simpler.

2 Likes

That is beautiful. I love Japan and hope to go back someday.

1 Like

We were supposed to move this year, I was hired for a job there…but the universe had other plans :expressionless::joy:

1 Like

What city?

Miyazaki. It’s my husband’s hometown and I’m in love with the entire Kyushu area, so where ever I go, it would be there…though he says he’d prefer Hiroshima, I like the food too much in Miyazaki to go anywhere else. I feel like they share the same tastebuds as me.

1 Like

I loved the okonomiyaki in Hiroshima.