Specs update

This is obviously feature creep. I’m concerned. :smiling_imp:

22 Likes

:+1::joy:

4 Likes

I vacuum mine weekly. To clean the staining I spray it with isopropyl alcohol and the use gojo orange cleaner on a large (4") fingernail type brush I got off Amazon. Then a rinse and back in (it pops out on the 60W machine - I have a nail bed for the K40). I don’t really get any honeycomb specific residue - just the backflow from the material cut itself so although it looks sketchy, it’s not really a problem to have a smokey honeycomb.

5 Likes

On the topic of tray and all and cleaning… As this is supposed to be retail and appear to non tech non manual things people most of js fine with a brush to clean it but I know someone going to try the dishwasher… So dishwasher safe?

4 Likes

I believe the tray is made from aluminium, although I think I may have read that it’s “handily magnetic”, if it is aluminium then that would be a no to dishwasher detergent. Aluminium and caustic preparations don’t play well together.

The tray is not aluminum as they have said that it is ferrous so that a magnet will stick to it.
It may be stainless of some type or a plain mild steel. Some stainless alloys do fine with dishwasher detergent, some not so much. Perhaps they will let us know what it is.

7 Likes

All you doing is making thing thing less and less desirable. Also, I can’t get to the web site to check when I actually ordered this dud so I know what part of the “next” year we’ll need to wait.

You can send them an e-mail asking for the exact date of your order, or if you have the confirmation e-mai from the time you purchased the GF it should have the date…

The mail is (I believe so) support@glowforge.com

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to stack pancakes instead of washers, but there is no standard thickness, so this could be an issue. However I could etch pictures onto them, then eat them. There will need to be a pancake etching setting.:grin:

2 Likes

My cheap toaster has a thin metal crumb tray that can easily be slid out of the toaster to empty the crumbs into the compost bucket.

In my case it’s totally the opposite, I want it more every day, and in the meantime I’m studying F360 and other softwares to create my designs.

2 Likes

My toaster can do some bread etching, but I think the Glowforge will do it better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

My toaster only has a 6x5" bed size :slight_frown:

5 Likes

My toaster etches both sides at once! Probably only in the hopper for the Forge.

9 Likes

Toaster weaknesses:

• 1x1 resolution
  • Gradient issues
  • Limited materiel compatibility
  • Limited format support (0)

It’s strengths:

• Batch processing
  • Double sided printing
  • No internet requirement
17 Likes
2 Likes

You’re wrong about the limited format support. It supports every format in the world, just as long as you’re willing to live with the single-pixel mapping and manual gamut control.

8 Likes

Technically it wasn’t a requirement :wink:

“However, a human being still had to insert the bread.” and I assume they could operate it manually, definitely a feature though.

What I found a more terrifying internet addition:

Atleast they could only flush it and not operate a bidet :astonished: :flushed: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

They added a robot arm to drop bread in :slight_smile:

I just got an Opal ice machine (Kickstarter) and it’s bluetooth connected so I can set it when to make ice or stop and turn the lights on or off. It’s cool. I thought it was just tech pandering until I decided I wanted the night light on and used the app. (There’s only one glowing button to make the machine work.)

2 Likes
5 Likes