Specs update

Thanks. I’m good with the machine taking care of it (as long as it works). I’m assuming you’re figuring out how much to over travel if any based on your testing. I appreciate not having to worry about one more setting - part of the “make it easier” mantra. But if not, I’m good with the overdraw the line - I have to do that with one of my lasers but not the other. I do usually have a target machine in mind when I’m doing a design so it’s not hard to fit into the workflow. But the CAD software on the one that I have to specify the over travel on remembers the last setting so I sometimes forget to change it as I’m changing the other parameters on the cut color. Nice to have the machine take care of that if it can.

2 Likes

$0.02: I’ve never had to do anything other than relax and enjoy the default setting. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I’m a huge fan of defaults. Most times someone more experienced or smarter than I made the call as to what it should be. If I can tweak the settings (or work around a default) that’s good too. But good defaults let me concentrate on the things I’m good at and lets the machine do what it’s good at. :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks it sort of makes more sense now !

1 Like

Cool! If it’s not way too much to ask could you add the metrics to it… just to check I’m getting the info right… please!

2 Likes

a better one

1 Like

Happy Birthday BTW!! :birthday:

2 Likes

Happy cakeday @mary_jimfier

2 Likes

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Thanks but it’s not my birthday … =\ I don’t know what the cake means… but thanks anyway :wink:

Hey congrats to you I think I read somewhere that you are "the chosen one " hehe to receive a pre-release GF!!! And since you are a regular do you know what the cake means??

I believe it’s your 1 year anniversary of ordering your glowforge.

3 Likes

One year anniversary of Joining the Forum. (For the single slice.) Birthday for the full cake. :smile:

Happy CakeDay @mary_jimfier!

5 Likes

@Pprmntpaty Oh thank you guys!!

3 Likes

What happens if you joined the forum on your birthday? :scream:

7 Likes

13 Likes

:birthday: with a :cake: on top?!?!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I really appreciate that you’re being upfront about the downside. For what it’s worth, I think I’m a lot more excited about a 2" material depth sans tray than I am bummed about the slight reduction in working area.

It’s also good to hear about the exhaustive pre-ship email. Yeah, it’s a lot of info, but as a customer that’s exactly the kind of thing I want and need on a purchase like this.

8 Likes

Did we just invent a cacaken???

11 Likes

Either that or the equivalent to a Jägerbomb. I usually err on the side of alcohol, so you can probably guess which one I’d prefer.

5 Likes